We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Davis, Texas
reviews: 3
Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

My wife and I are tired of the short, dark days of December in the States and are considering spending next December in the tropics. Is it possible to rent an apartment in downtown Christiansted for a month? We are in our early 70s and would prefer not to drive every day but rent a car by the day for side trips, so we would like to be near restaurants and a grocery store. Is this a feasible plan? Can anyone suggest apartment rental agencies?

El Nopal

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 71
1. Re: Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

Boy, do I hear you about the short Decembers days! And this year our weather in Boston has just been very overcast or dreary or rainy most of those short days so I feel like I've been in the dark all month!

I'm scratching my head about where to suggest you stay in a rental apartment. There are no grocery stores within a reasonable walking distance from downtown C'sted. One thought is the complex called Schooner Bay which is in the Gallows Bay area and near the Schooner Bay market and several restaurants. You could also get a cab to go out to dinner in C'sted. You might try looking on www.vrbo.com for some ideas.

Hoping Crabgroupie will come on and give you another idea...

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
2. Re: Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

I've been waiting on someone with more knowledge than me to jump in with suggestions Carol. The access to a grocery is the sticking point and you are more familiar than I am but would HOTC be an idea of where to stay?

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
3. Re: Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

I think you could walk to Schooner Bay Market (or that newer convenience store) in Gallows Bay from the Schooner Bay condos and I think the HOTC launch may make a trip to the Gallows Bay dock for HOTC guests to walk over to the shops. Cathy would know better about that...

Boston
reviews: 17
4. Re: Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

You can walk to Schooner from town, we have done it many times. HOTC probably would be more expensive than an apt. and they do not have full kitchens, but some might be able to make do.

St. Croix
5. Re: Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

Perhaps look at Craig's list http://virgin.craigslist.org/

or the Crusian Trader …newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

or VI Moving Center Classifieds http://www.vimovingcenter.com/talk/list.php?5

good luck

6. Re: Apartment in Christiansted for December 2013 ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 21, 2013