We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colbert, Washington
reviews: 22
Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

Is the Divi Carina the only all inclusive on the island? Thanks for the info.

St. Croix
1. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

Yes I believe it is the only one on STX.

NY
reviews: 8
2. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

Any thoughts/recommendations regarding Divi? 2 adults and 2 young children make an all inclusive an attractive offer.

Thanks!

Boston
reviews: 17
3. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

One of the reasons I go to St Croix is to eat in some of the awesome restaurants. It is a very important part of my vacation. So - I would never do an AI. Also, it is not my favorite part of the island. Having said that, if you get a great deal and don't mind eating most of your meals at the hotel, it could be good. I would say to read the reviews of the people who have stayed there. The reason that there are not AIs in the Virgin Islands is because most people like to have a car and drive around and explore and go to the restaurants. If you do decide to to it, I would strongly recommend getting a car at least some of the time to explore, otherwise you are missing out on why most people go to STX.

Sturtevant...
reviews: 4
4. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

We'll be staying at the Divi in less than a month for the first time. I would rather explore the island and eat at every little restaurant we can find, but hubby wanted to do the AI, so we'll be staying at Divi but renting a car for 2 days to poke around a little bit, and I'm making him promise me 2 meals offsite. We got such an awesome deal that staying at any of the other decent hotels would be less of a value by the time you factor in food and drinks.

I am a little nervous because the reviews are VERY mixed -- either wonderful or awful, and a pretty even split between those two opinions. I have had my mind put at ease a bit by liking them on Facebook. The manager keeps the page updated, responds to questions, posts pictures and info, etc. I think any place that takes great care to establish that online presence must care enough about customer satisfaction to be at least worth a try. There seem to be some pretty die-hard fans on there, too!

Depending on when you're planning to go, I could give you some info when I get back (end of March), but that would still just be one person's opinion.

Sturtevant...
5. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

Oh boy I just realized this is super old. Never mind!

Colbert, Washington
reviews: 22
6. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

Kristen, we are still planning on going. Please let me know what you think of the Divi and any other details! Thanks in advance. Have a great time! We won't be going for awhile.

NY
7. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

Yea, keep us posted on how your trip goes. I still have pending plans. It'll just be too convenient with no passports at the USVI, and we've never been to St. Croix.

What was the great deal you managed? How about flight prices? From NY they are extremely high right now.

Enjoy the trip!

Sturtevant...
8. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

I found a great deal on Last Minute Travel, it was about equal to the price of the cheapest room at the Buccaneer, so when you figure in the cost of food and drinks, a good deal. Our flights were around $600pp from Chicago O'Hare, which is a lot as far as I am concerned, but not bad for what seems to be the average. We're flying American.

Just a little over 2 weeks left for us! I'll report back when I return.

NY
9. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

awesome, have fun!! still snow up here in NY!! aggghhhh!!!

Sturtevant...
10. Re: Divi Carina the only all inclusive in St Croix?

We are returning home from our trip and though I am on my phone and can't do a full review just yet, I wanted to put in a good word for the Divi. We had no complaints. We were in the old building and the room looked its age in some ways but that does not bother us. Service was mostly great and always at least good. Food not outstanding, but tasty and plentiful. We ate off the resort a couple of times. So glad we had a car, I think maybe I would have gotten bored had we been stuck on the resort all week. It was an easy, quick drive into town and to many attractions. Will post full review later, but we had a great experience there.