We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 2
How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

My wife and I love to swim but we have concerns that the water at the Palms is very shallow and that with the reef so close to shore you can't just walk in to the water just about anywhere you want. Can you wade into the water easily and walk up to say your neck withou much trouble? Thanks for your help!

Groves, Texas
reviews: 1
1. Re: How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

Please forgive my repetitive answer in advance to the regulars! :)

Dolfus:

If you enter the water directly in front of The Palms outside restaurant the bottom is sandy all the way out. (with some sea grass in places) As you face the water, the reef will be to your right and this is where it starts as it goes toward the east of the island. There are rocky areas to the left of this area (in front of Hibiscus). If you have any questions when you get there, the owner of The Palms and his wife are extremely friendly people who can point out the way to you I'm sure. He even takes people out for snorkel excursions. Hope this helps.

Paula

Boston...
2. Re: How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

Paula,

Thanks for the info. It sounds like we can easily swim directly outside of the Palms without having to deal with the reef. While we would very much like to snorkel over the reef, swimming is #1 for us.

Dolfus,

Boston

Groves, Texas
3. Re: How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

Dolfus,

If you want a beach where you can get out and swim with calm water almost year round, I'd recommend going to the beach beside Cottages by the Sea and Sandcastles on the west end of the island. We've gone over there and swam and snorkeled, and have seen people swimming out there or paddle boarding. Just another thought!

Paula

Boston...
4. Re: How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

Paula,

Thanks for the additional info. Planning for vacations is one of my biggest joys and with suggestions by wonderful people, such as yourself, the time away on holiday becomes even more special.

Dolfus

Groves, Texas
5. Re: How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

You're more than welcome! There are several of us here on TA who love the planning part of a vacation as well-- I know I love it :) I have to restrain myself from making my ToDo/To Pack list way too early. Have fun with your planning--- Paula

6. Re: How Swimmable Is The Beach At The Palms, Pelican Cove, St.Cr

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted