We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schooner Roseway

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville NC
reviews: 39
Schooner Roseway

Last year the Schooner Roseway was docked in Christianstad in early February. We are going to be on St Croix the third week of February. Would love to get another ride. Does anyone know if the Schooner will be in town???

Groves, Texas
reviews: 1
1. Re: Schooner Roseway

I've heard the Roseway has left St Croix and will not be returning due to funding. Sad!

Paula

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
2. Re: Schooner Roseway

Paula - is that something recent? The Roseway's website shows it offering sails in St. Croix as of December 26 through sometime in February, 2013.

Groves, Texas
3. Re: Schooner Roseway

There was a long discussion about it over on vinow. Not sure which month, probably right after it left in the spring. Government funding was needed plus participation from patrons. Maybe the govt got it's act together and it will return. From what I remember reading, even the people working on the boat were saying it would not return. I guess the best way to find out would be to try to book a sail from St Croix.

Paula

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
4. Re: Schooner Roseway

According to their website worldoceanschool.org/get-onboard/day-sails they plan to leave GA for St Croix around the middle of December and be there until February ... however when we were there in March they were supposed to be there through the month of March but sailed out, I believe, the middle of February. I was hoping they would be there when we go in March 2013. The first year that we went, 2011, we put off sailing on her which might have been our last chance.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 30
5. Re: Schooner Roseway

We tried to sail on her on our first visit, but was cancelled due to not enough people to take the boat out.....

Minnesota
6. Re: Schooner Roseway

I consider myself lucky then... We were able to sail with her in 2010, it was wonderful !!

Gardnerville, Nevada
reviews: 19
7. Re: Schooner Roseway

Their web site says that they will be in St. Croix on Jan. 26 for a Gala Fund Raiser at the St. Croix Yacht club.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
8. Re: Schooner Roseway

This schedule also from their website:

December 15-24: Voyage from Savannah, GA to St. Croix, USVI

So it looks like Roseway will be in St. Croix at least through January.

Groves, Texas
9. Re: Schooner Roseway

Hmmm... this makes me wonder if the govt stepped up to the plate or what? I wish they were having their full season on St Croix, but maybe will end up doing so if enough people sign up for excursions. I love watching her with the beautiful rusty red sails, so elegant!

Paula

Asheville NC
reviews: 39
10. Re: Schooner Roseway

Thanks everyone. We'll be in St Croix February 17-24. Sure hope the Schooner is there. Would love to sail on it again!. Please let us know if you hear how long it will be in St Croix. Thanks a bunch.