We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance, St. Croix

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Renaissance, St. Croix

Does anyone have any updated information from 2012? We are planning to travel there in June and all of the information I read is so conflicted about the management, food, rooms, etc. Please help.

60 replies to this topic
Waterbury...
41. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

We are planning a trip to the Renaissance in Feb of 2013, and we are concerned about the beach at the hotel. We seem to be having a hard time finding photos. Most of the photos look dark, and the beach looks rough. Can anyone offer an oppinion? Greatly appreciated!

407 area code
reviews: 1
42. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Here's a pic from vinow.com:

vinow.com/general_usvi/…davis.jpg

And video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSJRQA5ivlU

Yes, there can be some surf but not "big". When we were there two years ago, the beach was very nice and water clear.

Los Angeles...
43. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Only the left side of the beach is accessible for swimming/snorkeling. The right side is ripe with urchins. However, in general it's a nice beach, right outside your doorstep.

44. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

The beach is very nice as well as the resort I would not consider this 5 star but would give the resort on a whole a strong 4 star rating.

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
45. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Having been to STX a lot, I have to say this, the Carambola beach is as good as it gets on STX. We went there twice last year for the beginners scuba course and you enter the water right from the beach. Over the years we have been there perhaps 4/5 times but had never gone to the western end of the beach for some reason. When we did the scuba deal I was very impressed with that part of the beach. It's wide and fairly "white". Most of the beaches on STX are not as wide as the Carambola's, nor are there any that are "whiter". Having been to places like St.John and St.Martin, I must say that STX's beaches,as far as the color of the sand do not measure up. The water quality on STX is just fine. All that being said, I'd still take a trip to STX anytime over all of the other islands we've been to. It is by far our favorite island...

KelflyOh
reviews: 24
46. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Any real recent updates on the Renaissance? Thinking of booking for March using Marriott points. I no longer have elite Marriott status as I no longer travel for work. Will we get the worst room avail since it will be booked with points and no status? Are the "worst" rooms still OK? ( guess it is vacation, so all will be OK!!). We will NOT be renting a car. How many restaurants are within a 15 min or so taxi ride? Been to St Thomas and St John, but never St Croix, and really looking forward to a relaxing time.

47. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Stayed in April 2010 using Marriott points for the whole 10 day stay. Our room was upgraded to a remodeled suite without even asking. I think this has to do with how booked they are at the time of visit. Really enjoyed our stay and think they have progressed in their renovation since we visited. Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
48. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

stayed in June 2012. as a marriott rewards member our room was upgraded and it was gorgeous. islolated - yes. and because my hubby didn't want to drive (they drive on the left) we did the tour with "Charles" at the hotel. There are a couple of restaurants down the road a piece, but the taxi fares are quite high. I think it cost us $50 r/t one night to go to dinner. yikes. But we had a blast. Snorkle right outside your room.

Crystal Springs...
reviews: 58
49. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

We've been to Carambola Renaissance four consecutive years. When it comes to the suites.....the best are upstairs in buildings 3, 4 &5. They are known as ocean view. You must specify in your original reservation that you want one of these particular suites. We also call and verify. All of Carambola is nice......but the ocean view suites were prolly one of the determining factors by Marriott to allow a Renaissance designation. During the off season these ocean view suites cost $2000 a week. Worth every penny!

St.Croix and...
reviews: 58
50. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Road travel just needs a little caution watching to avoid serious potholes. Driving left sometimes takes a little adjustment too. Night time driving is unique given headlights are not re-directed for left side driving.

As you leave the property if you continue on that road you'll find several great eateries-- eat@Cane Bay, Off the Wall and Rowdy Joe's are our favorites.

Rowdy has the most unique menu and ice cream they claim will make a grown man cry --- tis true. Enjoy

Reply to: Renaissance, St. Croix
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted