We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance, St. Croix

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Renaissance, St. Croix

Does anyone have any updated information from 2012? We are planning to travel there in June and all of the information I read is so conflicted about the management, food, rooms, etc. Please help.

60 replies to this topic
Greenville, South...
reviews: 115
1. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

We stayed there (our fifth time) in Oct. 2011. They are still remodeling some rooms but the ones that are finished are great! Spacious with full size fridge, cooktop, microwave, great screened in porch. I wish they had more food choices, but we rent a car and go off site for most evening meals. You must go to the Friday Night Pirate's Buffet with entertainment by Mocko Jumbies. We have always found the staff very friendly and helpful.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Thank you so much for your message. I understand they are still renovating. What would be your suggestion on the rooms? Did you have a second story ocean view, garden view or beach front. We are still trying to decide. Apprecite the insight.

CT
reviews: 6
3. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

I called the hotel before I booked. They said the remodeled rooms are the suites. I am going the first week of May and will post a detailed review. I hope it will be helpful.

Los Angeles...
4. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

I called the hotel as well and it is like pulling teeth, however, Tiffany in reservations was pretty good. I will be very interested to hear your review. Our reservation is June 24-July 1. Thank you so much.

Suwanee, Georgia
reviews: 39
5. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

I spoke with them yesterday regarding my upcoming trip. They told me that they now only use remodeled rooms, and have take the non updated rooms out of service.

Los Angeles...
6. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Thanks for the update. I have taken some reviewer's advice and am going with an open mind and gonna have a good time.

New York City, New...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

We are there now. The room we are are in - a 2nd floor ocean view room with a screened porch is wonderful - we haven't turned on the air conditioning because the trade winds are so refreshing. The beach is pristine, the ocean inviting for swimming and all of the staff friendly and welcoming. You will enjoy here.

Los Angeles...
8. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Thanks for your message. It is encouraging to read your review. We will be travelling in 4 wks and have booked the same accommodation. We are so looking forward to it. Enjoy.

New York City, New...
reviews: 4
9. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Consider renting a car as the resort is pretty isolated so if you watn to go off resort for local restaurants etc., a car is very convenient.

Los Angeles...
10. Re: Renaissance, St. Croix

Thanks for that. We do plan on a car for dining as well as some sightseeing. Just hope it is safe to travel the roads there. Thoughts?

Reply to: Renaissance, St. Croix
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted