We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 5
Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

Hi there, heading back to our favorite island in the Carribean at Christmas time 2011...We are looking for an early morning departure and evening return. I was wondering if there were any locals who do this trip by boat or seaplane. My wife and I need to get to ST Thomas to go on a day trip to the BVI as they only leave from STT. OR Does anyone know of someone or a company that goes from ST Croix to Jost Van Dyke in BVI? I have already looked into Seaborne seaplanes...Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,Perry

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
1. Re: Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

There's no boat option as the STT/STX ferry operation is no longer running and there is no word as to either when or if it will be operational any time soon. In any case it's unlikely that it's schedule would fit in with your BVI excursion. No other boat link between STX and STT and none between STX and the BVI. No flights between STX and JVD (no airport on JVD). Your best option is Seabourne and then ferry from Red Hook to Jost. Ferry schedule, scroll down for Red Hook-Jost:

www.vinow.com/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/

You'll not have much time. The morning ferry to Jost from Red Hook (check days of week) is at 9AM with the trip over an hour when you include immigration check-in. Last ferry back is 3PM. Hope that helps.

New York
reviews: 5
2. Re: Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

Thank-you for the info. yes schedule would not fit with the excursion. I'll keep looking online, thanks again,Perry

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 35
3. Re: Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

Since St Croix's festival takes place over the Christmas season, another ferry may be put in service to satisfy demand. They probably won't make any announcements, though, until Dec.

Sea Flight Airlines is another option. They applied for a license to expand their service, but I haven't seen ads announcing new schedule. You should Google, and call them. I've flown them, and they were very good.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
reviews: 15
4. Re: Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

Even if the currently non-operating ferry gets back on schedule or another ferry is put in service for the STX Christmas festivities, it's not going to help the OP. The first scheduled run from STX to STT is 10AM (arriving 11:30AM) and the last back is 4:15PM. No way that can coordinate with the STT/Jost ferry schedule.

The ONLY option is an airline flight to and fro on either Seabourne (they just announced an 8:30PM flight to STX), Sea Flight or Cape Air.

St Croix is pretty much on its own geographically and to plan a day trip to the BVI from there is quite a task and is going to be very expensive and very time consuming for just a short visit of a few hours. Even a day trip between STX and STT isn't, for visitors, something to decide upon on a whim.

IMHO the OP should rethink the plan unless there is some compelling reason (I did note he said that he and the wife "need" to go to STT and then to Jost) to embark upon this adventure and the wallets are bottomless. St Croix will have more than enough to keep you well and very happily occupied Cheers!

Christiansted, St...
reviews: 13
5. Re: Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

Please note that you NEED your passport to go to the BVI, even though US citizens don't need it for the USVI. Getting to the BVI from STX is hard enough, getting turned away for lack of documents= vacation heartbreak!

6. Re: Getting to ST Thomas from St Croix roundtrip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, October 26, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Christiansted