We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

Which Christiansted hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Davidsonville, MD
reviews: 7
Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

On our annual trek to St Croix we had dinner for the first time at Waves of Cane Bay. I'm a bit upset with myself for not stopping there on previous trip. The staff was great, the view fantastic, and the lobsters superb. For those that are not familair with the Waves..They have a tidal pool that they keep thier live lobsters in. When you order lobster, the waiter hauls in the mesh bag, pulls out a variety of lobsters and you select the one you want. The dining area is elevated above the tidal pool area and adjoining patio but I heard that in years past you could dine on the patio, but may have caught a little sea spray. Anyway, great place, great lobsters and will go back on next visit. They also have an upper deck.We drove by earlier in the day (mid-afternoon) but they were not open. With that view, seems to me that they would be open for afternoon "refreshments". We had just come from Off the Wall and they had a large crowd.

New Britain...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

We've had Sunday brunch at Waves a couple of times and dinner there at least once. I feel they are underrated. They deserve more crdit than they get. The food and service was always very good.

Ohio
reviews: 5
2. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

We have always had wonderful dinners at Waves at Cane Bay. The lobster is wonderful and it is alot of fun to pick your own. We have always found the staff and owner very friendly. We eat there 2-3 times each visit.

Colorado Springs...
reviews: 8
3. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

Approx. what is the cost of lobster on St Croix--at Waves......?....thanks

Davidsonville, MD
4. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

Our lobsters at Waves were about 2 lbs each and cost us $80 ($40 each).

You need to remember that the lobsters in the Caribbean are not like the lobsters we usually have here on the East Coast, which have the large claws.

The ones served in the Caribbean are called langoustine and do not have claws. To me, they taste the same but I am sure some will disagree.

boston
reviews: 2
5. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

We just returned from our first trip to St. Croix and have to say we LOVED the Waves. We had dinner there twice and Sunday Brunch once. I got lobster one nite for $45. The location/atmosphere were just perfect. Small cozy outdoor restaurant. We also checked out one of the rooms, basic but did have a kitchenette and fantastic view. We highly recommend the Waves and hope to return. If you go say Hello to Laura :)

Davidsonville, MD
6. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

Gald you liked the Waves - its a great place.

Where did you stay and did you try any other resturants?

Groves, Texas
reviews: 1
7. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

Can you get plain boiled lobster at the Waves? With hot butter sauce? I had baked at Duggans and Lobster Reef, but it wasn't the same.

Colorado Springs...
8. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

Thanks!

Memphis
9. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

Ah, I have fond memories of Waves....I went there when you dined on the patio right on the lagoon area...seaspray, yes, but WHAT atmosphere...I recall a wonderful dinner of shrimp with spinach pasta and many Painkillers....man, what a great place to dine!

Davidsonville, MD
10. Re: Dinner at Waves at Cane Bay

LongCoolWoman,

I didnt have the opportunity to dine on the lower level of the patio but the owner told us about it. She also said that they had to give away a lot of "free drinks" due to the sea spray. I imagine that there were probably occasions were the sea spray was a little more than the diners had bargained for. That would certainly be an indelible memory of a great trip to St Croix.

Get answers to your questions about Christiansted