We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September 28 - October 4 Honeymoon

Detroit, Michigan
September 28 - October 4 Honeymoon

Hey guys/gals,

Honeymooning in St. Croix September 28th through October 4th. First time to the island. Mid 20's couple staying at the Buccaneer (got a great deal through Costco Travel). Have a Jeep booked already with Centerline.

We're both active people and are looking to intertwine some relaxing days on the beach with some other activities. We're planning on doing a round at the Buccaneer golf course. Also will likely do the kayaking in the bioluminscent bay and Buck Island snorkeling.

Any specific activity ideas, or restaurant recommendations for that time period? Any outstanding beach bars? I'm somewhat concerned with stuff being closed/shut down for weather/down season, but not sure what to expect. Also looked and doesnt appear any ships will be in Fredericksted.

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Gardnerville, Nevada
reviews: 19
1. Re: September 28 - October 4 Honeymoon

Lunch at Christines in Christiansted is popular if they are open. Need reservations. Need to order your Coconut Cream pie in advance as well.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 89
2. Re: September 28 - October 4 Honeymoon

Congratulations in advance on your upcoming marriage and your good decision to honeymoon at the Buccaneer. You will not be disappointed.

Here are some activities that you might consider to give you a flavor of the island and some fun:

Hike to Jack and Isaac's Bay from Point Udall. Wear your bathing suits so you can swim and bring some beach towels from the Buccaneer so you can relax on the beautiful beach.

Tan Tan Tours - take the half day tour and expect it to run most of the day. They will show you a great deal of the island including the Domino Club (a hoot and an institution on STX) and the Annaly Bay Tidal Pools.

Buck Island tour - this is a must. We prefer sailing on Teroro out of Green Cay but there are many good outfitters on the island. Wait until you get to the Buccaneer and have the concierges help you arrange it. Best to go when the previous couple of days have been calm.

Island exploring - since you have a jeep, you could spend some time just driving around the island.

I would highly recommend a romantic dinner in the Courtyard at Savant and would also recommend eating off property most nights especially since you have a car. Our favorites include Duggan's, Blue Water Terrace, Cultured Pelican, Galangal, Rumrunners.

Have fun planning :)

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
3. Re: September 28 - October 4 Honeymoon

I think the all day tan tan tour is a must. It's so much fun. Visit Whim Plantation for a real island experience. My favorite restaurant is Beachside Cafe. I love Christine for lunch but it won't be open then. The New Deep End bar is nice and snorkeling is good - also great snorkeling at Rainbow and Shoys. Bombay Club is a good place to eat also and they have air conditioning which you may want at that time of year.

New Britain...
reviews: 19
4. Re: September 28 - October 4 Honeymoon

All of the above is good advice. My contribution is- Don't be turned off by first impressions. Some places might not look like the best to go in but you'll be surprised by what you find inside many restaurants and shops. Oh, that's right, you're from Detroit. Never mind.

Reply to: September 28 - October 4 Honeymoon
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted