We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monthly Rental Possibilities

Monthly Rental Possibilities

We would like to find a studio or one bedroom unit to rent for the month of July 2015 . . . somewhere near the Buccaneer Hotel. Does anyone have any suggestions . . . or recommendations for an agent who could help us find the perfect spot?

Many thanks!

7 replies to this topic
boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 101
1. Re: Monthly Rental Possibilities

Hi Sam,

How fun to be able to spend a month on the island! We are spending quite a few weeks there in 2015 and went through the process of finding the right spot(s) back in March. I basically contacted several agents/rental companies and we viewed many options while staying at the Buccaneer.

Here's who I contacted:

Vacationstcroix.com - saw several of their properties and enjoyed working with them. Ended up not choosing anything they showed us (tended to be a bit more expensive IMO). But I would recommend contacting them.

Donna Ford Realty - Donna's website is not the best (enjoystcroix.com) and it's a bit hard to get her complete attention, but she has some nice properties to consider. We ended up renting a Judith's Fancy villa from her.

stcroixrentavilla.com - I found this group while looking online for Villa Madeleine rentals. Have actually not seen the villa we are renting here but have visited other VM villas before so basically know what we are getting.

VRBO.com - I did look online at a bunch of VRBO rentals and ended up viewing one at Gentle Winds as we liked the complex and thought it was an interesting location. Ended up not choosing to rent one but still think it's a nice area.

Given that you have also spent many vacations at the Buccaneer, you might also like to consider staying there for the month. I would think that in July the resort would give you a nice rate. And we have now stayed in one of the two room suites on the main floor of the Great House and find they are just great for our needs. We are spending about three weeks in one of those as well.

Hope that helps get you started. I would think you will have your pick of spots for a month long rental in July so do be open to negotiating. If you want to be near the Buccaneer, I would recommend taking a look at Villa Bambooshay (through vacationstcroix) and Reef Watch (think I found this on Homeaway). I really loved Reef Watch (awesome view of Buck Island and not far beyond Ziggy's for location) but they didn't have availability for our dates.

Happy hunting :)

407 area code
reviews: 1
2. Re: Monthly Rental Possibilities

Also check here: http://www.vimovingcenter.com/talk/ as well as just reaching out to some realtors on island about a month rental

And how would you define "near"?

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
3. Re: Monthly Rental Possibilities

I would add Sharon Early at Coldwell Banker to ccrosner's list of people to contact and agree that Bambooshay is a really nice well-maintained whimsical older villa located in a great location right above Green Cay (we've stayed there) and that Reef Watch in Cotton Valley is also a good bet (toured it). Sharon has an extensive listing of condos and homes that are set up more for longer but still "short term" rentals, rather than weekly vacation rentals.

For condos, my picks would be Villa Madeleine, Gentle Winds, Pelican Cove. Our most recent trip (May) we spent 10 nights at Caribe Villa in the VM enclave and loved it. We spent our first ever trip to STX at a VM property and loved the location. Haven't stayed at Gentle Winds or Pelican Cove as yet but have visited the properties several times and would recommend the locations.

Happy planning!

Edited: 2:22 pm, July 24, 2014
Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
4. Re: Monthly Rental Possibilities

We have always stayed at Pelican Cove and are now owners of a condo there and it is a very nice area and I believe there are a couple of places that are rented by-the-month through HomeAway. Within walking distance of FoodTown for groceries ... The Palms for breakfast, lunch, dinner or entertainment in the evening ... 15 minutes from Christiansted and probably 40 minutes from Frederiksted. Villa Madeline is really a beautiful area and very serene with great views.

Happy planning !!!

Raleigh, North...
5. Re: Monthly Rental Possibilities

I've stayed long-term at the Sugar Beach Condo Resort in Christiansted about 2 years ago. It was great for many reasons, the first being these are condos with the amenities you will need. Its best to call their reservations line to discuss any potential discounted rates they can offer for monthly rental. They will do a good job of accommodating your needs; in room laundry, 2nd floor, etc., I was able to get a great room with a twin loft for guests that came to visit. The oceanside balcony made this all an incredible bonus

The location was great, on the beach and quiet and relaxing. The unit was very secure and the spacious grounds offered tennis, pool and grills. Grocery shopping was close and offered everything I needed to utilize the full kitchen in the unit.

There's dining nearby as well as the usual fast food places and the downtown dining when your not wanting to prepare meals on your own. It really is a home away from home.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 84
6. Re: Monthly Rental Possibilities

Another recommendation is a condo at Coakley Bay or Southgate. Donna Ford at the Ford Agency handles many condos not far from the Buc.

Ontario's Near...
reviews: 1
7. Re: Monthly Rental Possibilities

We rented a villa last winter at the Reef Condo's, it is just a few minute drive from the Bucaneer. Reef Condo's are on a golf course and the views of Buck Island and the Caribbean Sea from the patio's are amazing ! It's quiet, secure , has a large pool and at the Reef Beach there are chairs and hammocks for the use of people from the Reef Condo's. The beach is walking distance , but it is a steep hot climb back so we often wimped out and drove the car down to that beach , there is a big parking lot and also a restuarant is right there. We rented through VRBO. I always make sure to rent from someone who has at least a few reviews and talk to them at length via phone to get a good feel for who you are renting from and if it is all legit.

Reply to: Monthly Rental Possibilities
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted