We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which area

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pittsburgh
which area

after going crazy picking an island for 5 people-50 and up i've decided on st croix. now i have been reading this forum and still not sure which area to look for a villa or condo. i have seen some nice villas on east end . we want a pool and on or very near the beach and would like a 3 bedroom. a few of us like to snorkel,but we want a nice beach we can sit and swim at. i would like to be some night life but not necessary, we like to go out to dinner after the beach all day(that's MY idea of a vacation) will do breakfast and lunch at villa. we will get a car but do not want to run everyday, so want i am asking is which area should i look at thanks

11 replies to this topic
Gardnerville, Nevada
reviews: 15
1. Re: which area

I am most familiar with Gentle Winds Condominiums on the North Shore. It is on the beach and has a pool right beside the beach. There is a cleared area for swimming and snorkeling and all units face the water. If you go to the Gentle Winds listing on TripAdvisor you will see pictures and reviews of the property. All units are 2 or 3 bedroom and there are a number of very nice restaurants located nearby as well as a snack shack/bar on the beach. To find the individual unit that you would like, you again go to TripAdvisor and look under the condo/villa rental section and study the pictures and reviews to make your choice. It is ranked #1 of Specialty (Condo) Lodgings in the Christiansted area. There are many nice villas to choose from as well but I don't believe many are located on the water with a good beach and near restauants. If you read the reviews for the villas they will usually tell you how close to the water they are and what the swimming conditions are.

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
2. Re: which area

Margy Z is our Villa guru ... we stay at Pelican Cove and love the condos there; however, almost all of them are 2 bedrooms. I believe there might be a couple of 3 bedroom units. Very nice swimming pool, a very nice close beach to sit on but not swim at. You can walk 5 minutes down the beach to The Palms and there is swimming and snorkeling there. There is also a good restaurant, very nice bar area and entertainment almost every evening. Pelican Cove is approximately a 10 minute drive to Christiansted and perhaps 30-40 minutes to Frederiksted.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
3. Re: which area

Gentle Winds and Pelican Cove are both great choices. Solitude House is a nice house with beach access.

Manchester, New...
reviews: 6
4. Re: which area

Check out Breezy Beach on the east end. Its a 2 bedroom villa on the beach, one BR has a king and the other has 2 full and a twin daybed. Ensuite bathrooms and a powder room off the main living area.

http://www.vrbo.com/328063

Christiansted, St...
reviews: 7
5. Re: which area

Highly recommend the East End :)

Dallas, Texas
6. Re: which area

Check out Cruzan Sands in Salt River. The villa is right on the sandy beach.

Toledo, Ohio
reviews: 7
7. Re: which area

This link is to East End in St. Thomas, not St. Croix.

pittsburgh
8. Re: which area

thanks for all the input. i rented cruzan sands in salt river area. what is close by , i'm trying to get my area's straight and what's were. also going 2nd week in sept i hope the weather is nice then.

New London, New...
9. Re: which area

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbkWjGkYdoc

1) Down the road about 10-15 minutes is "cane bay" very nice snorkling a few beachy type bars cafes. Might be fun for an afternoon or easy dinner.

2) further down the raod is Carenbola on Davis bay. It's hotel but you are welcome to use the beach (especilly in sept) On friday nights they host a jumbie show follwed by dancing. You don't need to buy the overpriced bufet to see the show. arrive early and find a table at the bar. You can also leave your car at Carmebola and hike to the tide pools. i'd do this early in the AM bring water.

3) Even further down that road is the RAIN FORREST! Be adverturous and take drive through the forrest. Somewhere along the road on your right will a littel mango smootie shop /petting zoo. --highly recommend.

pittsburgh
10. Re: which area

thanks so much. that gives me an idea where to start. it so different when i'm planning for other people and not just my husband and myself.

Reply to: which area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix