We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jan flight from San Juan

Pelham, Canada
reviews: 78
Jan flight from San Juan

We are thinking about a day trip to St Croix during our vacation in Puerto Rico the first part of Jan. Cape Air is showing a return one day fare for $99 pp. Is this a great deal or is it a normal rate. It is of course non- refundable. It is such a long way away didn't know if we should book or wait til the fall. We would arrive a bit after 9:00 am then leave around 5:30 pm. Thanks

St. Croix
reviews: 3
1. Re: Jan flight from San Juan

That's a good fare, maybe slightly below average. It's hard to say how much the fares will change during the year, but likely not much if at all.

You'll be able to get a good overview of STX in that time frame, or pick 2-3 places you'd like to spend a few hours at. To explore more, you'd definitely need a car and the willingness to drive on the left and experience Crucian Confusion on the unmarked roads.

Go for it! It'll be a great balance to city life in San Juan.

Then again, Vieques is beautiful, too....

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 178
2. Re: Jan flight from San Juan

I, too, think it's a good plan - and have always wanted to take the sea plane, too. I believe it arrives at Christensted harbor. If you don't want to rent a car, there are many taxi's there. Here are taxi rates, but you should be able to work out a day deal with one of them, I'd imagine:

vinow.com/stcroix/getting_around_stx/taxi.php

There are a lot of things to do and see on St. Croix, please check the Things to Do tab at the top for more information. If you have a couple of things you might like to do, run them by the forum so we can organize them by geographic location - I for one don't want you to waste a single moment! Who knows, you might just fall head-over-heels for STX, like I did!

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 82
3. Re: Jan flight from San Juan

Definitely a good deal. Rent a car for a day and drive all around the island. Let us know what your interests are and we'll give you suggestions of where to go and what to see. By the way, Cape Air flies to the airport. It is not a seaplane as PlumeriaD suggested.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 178
4. Re: Jan flight from San Juan

Thanks for the correction, crabgroupie!

Pelham, Canada
reviews: 78
5. Re: Jan flight from San Juan

Thank you everyone. Looks like we should seriously look at booking. I will have many other questions once we get closer. At this point do you think it matters if we go on a week day or the weekend?

6. Re: Jan flight from San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 11, 2015