We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 7
The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

Are the Palms at Pelican Cove and the Pelican Cove Condos two separate places? If so, can anybody give me info on the differences between them and which they would prefer? Thank you in advance!

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 178
1. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

The Palms at Pelican Cove is a hotel. Pelican Cove Condos is a separate property, next door to it, within easy walking distance along the beach. The difference is clear: hotel or condo!

The condos are privately owned, so rates and amenities will differ. You book via VRBO, HomeAway, or a local realtor. For me, condos are the way to go. You have washer/dryer (which equals less luggage), a kitchen for some meal prep. This is great for breakfast, especially, but some dinners, too. St. Croix has a great Saturday farm market where you can also buy fresh fish and lobster. We enjoy a couple of meals at the condo on the grill.

The hotel has a restaurant and pool, you rent through the hotel or a booking site like Expedia. All your meals need to be eaten out, and that means you'll need to drive most nights, as the restaurant at the hotel is the only one within walking distance.

The area they are located in is a good one, especially for first-time visitors. It's an easy drive to Christensted, where there are many restaurants.

The only downside is the reef is very close to shore, so you cannot enter the water in front of the condos. You need to stroll down to the hotel for the opening in the reef; you can swim or snorkel the outside of the reef from there. It is no problem. We just loaded huge cups with ice, made our rum drinks, and strolled down to the hotel for a swim when we were around. But most days, we were out exploring the island's beaches.

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
reviews: 6
2. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

I spent a week at the hotel with my BFF and enjoyed it very much. The staff was wonderful and the food was very good. We had a car and explored most days.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 7
3. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

So if you stay at the condos you still have access to the hotel's amenities such as the pool and restaurant?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
reviews: 6
4. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

The restaurant, YES. The pool, NO.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 178
5. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

The condo complex has a gorgeous pool, I think they describe it as the biggest on island. You can't use the hotel amenities, as stated, it is a separate place, a separate entity. Beaches are free and open to the public, no hotels or condos can claim them. They can restrict you from using their lounge chairs or parking spaces, for example, but not the beach.

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
6. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

Both The Palms and Pelican Cove are nice places to stay and you couldn't be closer to the beach or Christiansted. You should consider renting a car while on the island. As far as "using The Palms amenities" it depends on what you consider amenities. You can certainly go to their restaurant and bar and it will only take you less than 10 minutes to stroll down the beach from Pelican Cove to swim or lay on the beach at the Palms. You can also make arrangement with Mitch from the Palms for a night snorkel. You are also more than welcome to join the Yoga on the Beach which is at The Palms ... they have Caribbean Night, Trivia Night, Mexican Salsa Night and Sunday brunch which you can also join in on. We have stayed at Pelican Cove for 3 years and are here now for our 4th year.

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 31
7. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

Lynne R - Hope you are having a wonderful time.

When is trivia and Caribbean night at the Palms?

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
8. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

What's not to enjoy Kat :) Wednesday night is Trivia night 8:30 - 9:30 ..are you packed and ready to be here!?

Lexington, Kentucky
reviews: 31
9. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

I need to get to packing Lynne because I'm very much ready to be there. The sun is out today for the first time in a loooong time here. I almost forgot what it felt like.

Enjoy!

10. Re: The Palms and Pelican Cove Condos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 24, 2015