We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four days and counting.

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
reviews: 1
Four days and counting.

Can't wait to make our first visit to St Croix. Arriving Saturday via AA and will spend a week at The Hotel on the Cay and then 5 days in a condo at Colony Cove.

Have a car rented for the last five days from Judi of Croix and plan on touring the island and seeing all the sights that everybody have been recommending. We have a bioluminescence kayak trip reserved with http://seathrukayaksvi.com/index2.html Also plan on attending the Mardi Croix parade and party at Cane Bay on Saturday the first.

Other than that a lot of beachtime, snorkeling and rum drinking are high priorities.

Any other thoughts or suggestions.

Bill

12 replies to this topic
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 157
1. Re: Four days and counting.

Woo Hoo! My 20-something kids thought that kayak tour was the highlight of their trip! They were fortunate to have a fish jump into their boat (at least the tour guide thought it was fortunate). Do drive carefully near Salt Bay at night, we saw a frightened fawn on the road and all she could do was trot ahead of our car, she was too scared to hop off into the woods!

You will love Cane Bay!

Definitely check out the beach near Sandcastles cottages on the west side. If you like West Indian food, Rose's Dream Cuisine in F'sted is very good.

Don't forget to take a tour of the Cruzan Rum factory. You can even buy your rum, packaged for shipping. It does not cost you anything to have it loaded onto the plane and picked up at baggage claim. My favorite flavor this trip was Passion Fruit rum mixed with pomegranate juice (from Plaza Extra - Ceres brand). Yummmmm!

Have fun limin' on the beach.

KY
reviews: 25
2. Re: Four days and counting.

Buck Island or Sandy Point are just beautiful. The Tide pools or a drive/hike thru the rainforest. Something new for me in March will be stand up paddle boarding.

One thing about St. Croix is you never really run out of potential activities.

Get out of all that snow and frigid temps. and have a great time!

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 66
3. Re: Four days and counting.

Have a great time, Bill! You have some good things planned (would love to be going to Mardi Croix myself!). I would definitely add Sandy Point to the list. It's just stunningly beautiful.

Safe travels and don't forget to come back on here when you return to give us a trip report :)

Chicago
4. Re: Four days and counting.

We plan on doing all the tourist things such as Sandy Point, Botanic garden, rum factory, drinking pigs, F'sted., rain forest, etc. OMG when I list it all it seems like way too much. Like most vacations we'll probably only do half the things on our list but that leaves a reason to return.

Boston
reviews: 17
5. Re: Four days and counting.

One of the best things we have ever done is a Tan Tan tour. It is a lot of fun. A half day lasts until 3 so it is plenty. Have fun, I bet you are glad to get out of this terrible winter.

Had to shovel out again last night the last 3" snowstorm last night (really 7-8") and I am sick of it!!

Chicago
6. Re: Four days and counting.

We had another 5" come down on Monday and then yesterday and today the temps shot up and the new worry is flooding. With 67" of snow so far this winter we can't wait to get out of town.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
7. Re: Four days and counting.

Ugg! 67" of snow is exactly what we need in our mountains! Such a screwy winter. Hope you enjoy thawing out, Bill!

chicago
reviews: 2
8. Re: Four days and counting.

Bill- I'm in Chicago too... and during our second polar vortex I booked a trip to st. croix, we leave next friday (the 28th!) I can't wait to get out of here!

Don't forget to visit point Udall. It is a beautiful drive out to the east side. And I second the idea of purchasing a pack of rum from Cruzan... it is free to check it on the way home. I was skeptical, but ours made it home in one piece.

I'm excited to check out the Mardi Croix as well!

Glenmoore...
reviews: 5
9. Re: Four days and counting.

We are heading for our first trip in mid March and are so looking forward to it as well. I'm interested in purchasing Cruzan rum if I can check it for free. We are flying Jet Blue to SJU and then US Air to PHL. Would the free transport apply to US Air as well?

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
10. Re: Four days and counting.

Hello lpelan. I don't believe it matters which airline you use. I've done it twice on American with no problem. I bought mine at K-Mart, where they had a sale - $7.50 per bottle. K-Mart will provide the carry box for you to transport on the plane, too.

Reply to: Four days and counting.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix