We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

Anyone have advice re flights NYC (JFK, LGA, EWR) to STX in 2014? Have had so many small plane hassles, guess I'd rather go through Miami than San Juan, but am really open.

Not so easy to get to heaven ISTX) from NYC area anymore -- I remember back when we had direct flight in the '80s!

Planning to fly end of April/mid-May... many thanks.

7 replies to this topic
boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 76
1. Re: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

We go through Miami on American now as American no longer has SJU as a hub. It takes longer but I don't miss the potential problems (maintenance, etc.) with the American Eagle flights out of SJU.

Personally, I would chose the company and route that is cheapest and most convenient to your house.

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 14
2. Re: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

We're on Delta via JFK to St. Thomas and are taking a puddle jumper one way and the seaplane back from there. It worked out to be cheaper than other options and we've always wanted to try a seaplane.

Edited: 7:45 am, February 07, 2014
407 area code
reviews: 1
3. Re: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

From the NYC area you may want to check JetBlue. The connect through San Juan but I've been told they are bigger planes.

henniker,NH
4. Re: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

We go from Boston on Jet Blue through SJU. Same size plane over to stx.

reviews: 2
5. Re: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

Thank you all so much for your kind advice -- decided to go with Jet Blue though SJU, only one Cape Air flight... really appreciate the time you took.

North Massapequa...
reviews: 8
6. Re: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

My husband and I prefer going through San juan....less hassles with unexpected layovers (seven hours!) Had issues with Miami a few times!

Mattapoisett...
7. Re: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?

We are going Boston to Miami and staying overnight on Southwest. Then catching flight the next day on AA to STX.

Reply to: 2014 best flights from NYC area to STX?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix