We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach bars, beaches and restaurants

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New England
reviews: 3
Beach bars, beaches and restaurants

Hi. We are going to STX in feb for 9 days. We will be staying at The Buccaneer. We have rented a car for the week. I've read many post and trying to put together all of he great advice.

I'm looking for advice so I can put it all together with ideas. We don't like to make a definite itinerary but definitely want to have some possible plans.

I'm looking for ideas for good beaches, good beach bars and a few good restaurants. We like a few days that are complete beach days that end in a nice dinner and the a few days of exploring/having cocktails at a beach bar/casual food (with a few more beverages)

Any help with suggested routes, one day itinerary of beach hopping, must go to beach bars and favorite eats would be super helpful!

Thanks for your help!!

14 replies to this topic
Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 163
11. Re: Beach bars, beaches and restaurants

Just back from a cruise with one day on St. Croix. Sandy Point is great. However, we could not find any taxi driver who would take us there. They were saying it's closed (I knew it is open on Sunday as it is not turtle season) and the road is bad etc etc. We were not even bargaining about the money, just wanted to find anyone who would take us there. Then one diriver said he would take us there and pretended to do so. He left us at Coral Hotel and the walking distance to Sandy Point on the soft sand was too much for my friend with all the beach gear (towels, water, snacks, cameras etc). I went but had very little time to enjoy the gorgeous beach because of the long walk.

St. Croix
reviews: 6
12. Re: Beach bars, beaches and restaurants

The taxi drivers don't want to drive there because it is a long dirt road leading to the beach. Sometimes the road is nicely graded, but other times it can be quite brutal.

I would rent a car for the day when visiting St. Croix on a cruise ship. They are not that expensive, almost cheaper than hiring taxis, and driving is pretty easy on the island. Most GPS apps in smart phones have the St Croix maps in them.

New England
reviews: 3
13. Re: Beach bars, beaches and restaurants

Ccrosner--

Thanks for your itineraries! Used your day #1 and it was the perfect start to a perfect stay on the island!! Just got back and will write a report soon.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 76
14. Re: Beach bars, beaches and restaurants

Glad it was helpful. I'll bet it really stinks to back in New England after being in paradise....this winter is absolutely ridiculous. We leave in 17 days (but who's counting?!?) and it can't come soon enough.

Do come back and give us a trip report or some feedback on hotel, activities and restaurants. But create a new post for it so folks will read it and have the benefit of your help.

Reply to: Beach bars, beaches and restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted