We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busy Beaches early November?

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Busy Beaches early November?

My wife and I are really excited to be coming out to St. Croix finally!

We chose St. Croix (and early November) because we wanted a place that wouldn't be super busy. The whole idea of the trip was to come out and get away from the bustle of the city, and generally be by ourselves.

I have heard the busy season doesn't really start until January time (I guess people are scared off by the fact it is still hurricane season?), but we were curious as to how busy it would be on the beaches and in town. We will be out around the 3rd of November for about a week.

If there are people on the beaches, it isn't a big deal, we were just hoping it wouldn't be like the LA beaches where you can barely find room to sit.

10 replies to this topic
Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 159
1. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

Welcome to TripAdvisor and the St. Croix forum, PDX_Victor. I like Caribbean travel and it's nice to see another west coaster willing to make the long trek there! Although I've not been in November, our experiences in June saw lots of empty to nearly empty beaches. My best advice if you don't want to be with lots of people would be to avoid the beach bars on Sundays, as it seems that's the day for partying.

We had a glorious Saturday at Tamarind Reef hotel, where there's a nice snorkel trail (not a good swim beach, though). I think we shared the beach with one other family.

And for the record, I go to the beach in LA all the time and unless it's summer and a weekend, it's not wall-to-wall busy here at all. Come on down some September or early October when we have our best weather, you'll be amazed!

Portland, Oregon
2. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

Excellent! Thanks for the advice.

We are staying with some friends, but we rented a car, so hopefully we can just cruise around and find some good places to snorkel.

The only time I have ever been to LA was during the summer and on the weekend!

south carolina
reviews: 2
3. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

PDX, we will be there on the 2nd ourselves!!!! Never seen Caribbean beaches crowded like that....even St. John's busy Trunk Bay. You will probably be very pleased! I have only been to St. Croix one time before, and we were alone on some beaches! But I think we were there in the summer.

Edited: 8:43 am, October 30, 2013
New Britain...
reviews: 17
4. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

November is a great time on STX. Not too hot, not to cool at night. In Dec .2010 it got down to 68 deg. one night Almost had to put a shirt on. There may be one or two other couples on the beach with you unless there's a ship in port or on Sunday.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
5. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

Cane Bay and the west end beaches will be busier on the weekends when residents can party but that's about it. November weather is generally pretty nice.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 159
6. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

<one night Almost had to put a shirt on.> You got me laughing at that one, Bassman! Funny about that 68F weather; that's our normal highs for most of the year here at home!

New Britain...
reviews: 17
7. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

We were playing cards outside that night. It was put on a shirt or have more rum. I didn't use the shirt.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 10
8. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

We usually go to St Croix in November ( leaving in a week!!!!) and the weather is usually always warm and sometimes really hot during the day. The water is warm and...well its a great time to be there!

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
9. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

As I sit here in the gray, gloomy, misty, cold on set of winter in the northern regions I feel that any time is a great time to be in St. Croix...rather like any time is wine time ... enjoy Cate .. all of us waiting for our time there are very envious!

KY
reviews: 28
10. Re: Busy Beaches early November?

My sentiments also Lynne. Its only Nov. and the weather is already going on my nerves : )

Have a great time Cate!

Edited: 12:00 pm, November 02, 2013
Reply to: Busy Beaches early November?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted