We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to find the lowest airfares to St. Croix

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
How to find the lowest airfares to St. Croix

I am hoping to travel from the Washington, DC area to St. Croix in January and June, 2014, and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for how to find the lowest airfares,for what are the least expensive travel days, and for how far in advance to purchase airline tickets. Many thanks!

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
11. Re: How to find the lowest airfares to St. Croix

Last trip it was about $100 less pp - that was February of this year. I have been seeing $700 - $800 pp and had just about given up trying to find a good fare. The key for us is to get the departure / arrival times and routing we prefer. We like the first flight out of ORD at around 5AM (before things start to back up), an afternoon departure from STX, and to connect through MIA rather than SJU.

Just booked our accommodations - so happy that our favorite Villa Amonoka was still available for our dates.

Maine
reviews: 56
12. Re: How to find the lowest airfares to St. Croix

I set up a Kayak alert for our trip this November. We bought in April for $380, Boston to STX . I left the alert on to watch the price and never saw anything lower.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 11
13. Re: How to find the lowest airfares to St. Croix

We are AA stalkers for about 8 mos before we plan our trip and then we check back almost weekly. Got a deal out of BWI this year and one ticket with FF miles so very happy.

14. Re: How to find the lowest airfares to St. Croix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix