We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which room at the Buccaneer?

New England
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Which room at the Buccaneer?

I'm about to book a 9 night stay in February and wondering which room to book. Oceanview in the main building or lux ocean view In the ridge

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Which room at the Buccaneer?

Hopefully ccrosner will be able to give you good advice on that. My guess is the latter.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Which room at the Buccaneer?

The board has been so busy lately that I almost missed this posting.

We love the oceanview rooms in the Great House (our favorite is Room 200) but have always wanted to stay in a ridge room as those that are renovated feel very upscale and the patios are lovely. If you choose those, and I believe they are much more expensive than the Great House oceanview, be sure to ask for one that's been renovated within the last 10 years. There are still some, I think, that have formica wardrobes.

And lucky you!

New England
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Which room at the Buccaneer?

Thanks!!! We went with the ridge rooms.

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
785 posts
4. Re: Which room at the Buccaneer?

Well.... Just came back this past Saturday,darn it... Anyway I now consider myself an expert on all of the room styles since we got a tour of all of the different ones that we had never stayed in. We even got a tour of the Buccaneer Beach House..I was never a fan of the beachfront rooms and now I'm not sure why I felt that way. They're just terrific. The only down side is that if you sit on your patio, even with the partial divider,your neighbor is right there looking at you. The rooms that we checked out in the Great House were also top notch. I kind of realize that I've been settleing for some of the lesser quality rooms. Don't get me wrong, I've been very content with our choices but I might just break the pattern next year... Anyway the Ridge Rooms are very nice, a bit larger than most in the Great House itself but the rear patio doesn't afford much privacy. Beautiful views but there is really no divider with them like there is with the Beach Front rooms. Let me state it this way, I'm here in my dumpy office, no palm trees within hundreds of miles....I'd give almost anything to be in any level of room back at The Buc..There's no such thing as a bad room at the place... I do have a calender on my wall with pictures of tropical beaches though...Alas....

5. Re: Which room at the Buccaneer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix