We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're booked!

Slippery Rock...
reviews: 9
We're booked!

We've got our villa, Rainbow Cove, for the beginning of May. So excited! This is everyone in our group's first trip to the island. So glad to have this forum, you all are great!

We're considering a few extra nights either before or after our week at the villa...with just my husband, daughter & myself. Where would you suggest....possibly even a different island? If we decide to keep it all on STX, I am thinking Cottages By The Sea. Would love to hear your thoughts!

New Britain...
reviews: 19
1. Re: We're booked!

Cottages would be an excellent choise. Right on the water with the best swimming beach on the island.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 175
2. Re: We're booked!

Yes, switching it up to a different part of the island would be great. Can you afford another island? I've always wanted to do Caribbean island hopping, but it's too dang expensive! If you can swing it, perhaps St. John or the BVIs or Puerto Rico.

south carolina
reviews: 2
3. Re: We're booked!

I think it would depend on where you are flying into. We are flying to Puerto Rico on Friday and taking a puddle jumper into St. Croix the next morning because it is reasonable and also puts us in St. Croix 8:30 am giving us an extra day in St. Croix. If money were not an option. I would fly into St. Thomas and spend a few days on one of the islands that you can reach by ferry......maybe St. John. Then I would take the seaplane to St. Croix. I want to do the seaplane one day.....It was just so much cheaper to do PR.

Slippery Rock...
4. Re: We're booked!

Thanks for the replies. We haven't booked our flights yet, so PR is definitely an option. I'd like to keep it $150 or less per night for lodging for any extra nights we may do. We don't have our passports...so no BVI. Flying into STT then ferry to STJ would be awesome and it looks like it wouldn't be too much extra for the seaplane to/from STX (flights are showing cheaper into STT...so it almost comes out to the same price.) BUT....will I have a heart attack on the seaplane...that's the real question! ;)

New Britain...
reviews: 19
5. Re: We're booked!

Flying the seaplane into STT is better than any Disney ride. Comining in for a landing you swoop over the masts of sailboats in the harbor hoping you don't clip one. Then you gentley land in the habor like a big sea gull.

Windsor, New York
reviews: 1
6. Re: We're booked!

Warning: I hope you know what you are getting yourself into!! We started with 1 trip and got hooked on STX. We tried other Islands but they just don't compare. We were not home a full day last trip and we were checking the calendar for the next trip.

Slippery Rock...
7. Re: We're booked!

Sounds fun, bassman!

defiii...I think I'm already hooked!

The more I think about it, we will probably just go straight to STX and spend any extra nights there. We can see the other islands some other time. I am tempted to take a ride on the seaplane though...which is strange for me since I generally do not like being in a plane!

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
8. Re: We're booked!

Yes, be warned, St. Croix grabs you and doesn't let you go ... we went the first year for one week and then 2 weeks the next 2 years and in 2014 we are going for 2 months! There is just something about St. Croix! and funny you should mention the seaplane and your phobia about flying in general because I also don't do well on take off and landings in the big planes but 2 years ago we booked our return flight and left St. Croix for San Juan on Cape Air which is a very small plane ... luggage goes in the wings or the next flight ... you have to give your weight before boarding ... I sat behind the lady pilot and for some reason even though I could almost touch the water and was up close and personal to take off and landing I didn't hyperventilate once ... in fact I really enjoyed myself !!! Must be island fever!

9. Re: We're booked!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix