We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kmart prices/sunscreen

south carolina
reviews: 2
Kmart prices/sunscreen

This time next week my husband and I will be boarding a plane in San Juan for St. Croix!! So excited. Anyway, we travel lite with carry-on and usually pour up sunscreen into small bottles. I am wondering how prices at K-mart compare to prices here. Will the sunscreen there be about the same price? I guess, when you consider the price of the trip, this is silly, but I do have sunscreen at home I could pour up, but......

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
1. Re: Kmart prices/sunscreen

We are always wrong on what we decide to buy on-island or bring from home ... last year I decided to buy sunscreen on island and it was pricey as compared to some of the store brands I buy here ... however the year before it was less expensive but the body soap and shampoo I decided to buy on-island were both pricey. Bug spray was another high one year and low the next item. You just can't guess right ... but like you said with the price of the trip it is the little things that add up. I would pick the item that means the most to you and that you can't live without and bring that ... alcohol, on the other hand is really cheap so if you get burned you could just drink until you can't feel the sunburn.

Have a great great time ... I'm envious

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
reviews: 178
2. Re: Kmart prices/sunscreen

Have a great time, onvacation!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 30
3. Re: Kmart prices/sunscreen

I send a box ahead to my hotel/villa of Sunscreen, OFF, Shampoo, Conditioner, Coffee and Shave Cream. I i send it USPS and insure it for its value. I have never had a problem with this method. I highly suggest it. I put a box in a closet and stock it during the months preceding my vacation. I found this time of year you can find sunsceen on sale in some drug stores too.

Smile

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
4. Re: Kmart prices/sunscreen

Just buy it at K-Mart. If it's an extra dollar so what.

south carolina
reviews: 2
5. Re: Kmart prices/sunscreen

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably bring some i have left over in small bottles. Then I will buy on island. If it is just a few dollars different, I'd surely buy on island. I have seen it twice as much on some islands.

6. Re: Kmart prices/sunscreen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 29, 2014