We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chenay Bay status

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south carolina
reviews: 2
Chenay Bay status

I will be at Chenay Bay next week. I realize there have been some issues with it lately and getting new owners and all. Does anyone know if the restaurant is back open or if anything else positive has happened?

6 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
1. Re: Chenay Bay status

We dropped by there in early July to snorkel for a few hours, and it seemed pretty busy for the low season. The bar and restaurant were open, people were on the beach, and everyone looked like they were having a good time.

Portersville...
reviews: 38
2. Re: Chenay Bay status

Drive by today and restruant sign says closed.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 75
3. Re: Chenay Bay status

The restaurant is not open yet. I keep hearing that they are going to open soon but no one gives a definite date. A lot of work is scheduled for the place - cabins replaced, etc.,which is good news.

south carolina
4. Re: Chenay Bay status

Thanks. According to the web-site, it should have opened this week. I am not too concerned about it since we will have a car and really only need to sleep there, but just wondering.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
5. Re: Chenay Bay status

The beach is so very pretty at Chenay Bay. And, you're very close to The Deep End bar & Grill and to Cheeseburger's. Further east you have Bluewater Terrace, The Cultured Pelican, Duggan's, Good Spirits. To teh west you ahve The Buccaneer's restaurants a few in Gallows Bay like Tutto Bene, No Bones and Maria's, and then you're in C'Sted with Miriam's, Savant, Kendrick's all of the places on the boardwalk. A nice lineup of restaurants on the east end.

Have a great time!

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 75
6. Re: Chenay Bay status

Just found out that the sale fell through. The restaurant is supposed to open next week.

Reply to: Chenay Bay status
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted