We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay? Carambola golf villas or Gentle Winds?

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Worth, Texas
Where to stay? Carambola golf villas or Gentle Winds?

Trying to decide where to stay...Gentle Winds looks fine but have also looked at a couple of condos on the golf course at Carambola. I cannot find much info about these condos/villas?? Would like input from those of you familiar with this area. If we stay at Carambola, we will not have an ocean view but will have access to the facilities at the Renaissance at Carambola which is appealing. Thanks

4 replies to this topic
boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 71
1. Re: Where to stay? Carambola golf villas or Gentle Winds?

I have never stayed at either of these places but have visited both areas. The choice is quite different...

Carambola Golf Course is located several miles from the Carambola resort and is inland (therefore no water access or views). It's a pretty spot and if you like to golf it would be a nice spot. But you will have to drive over to the resort to take advantage of their facilites.

Gentle Winds is located right on the waterfront and has a pool as well. It is also closer to C'sted for access to shopping and restaurants.

Only you know what amenities are important to you on vacation.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
2. Re: Where to stay? Carambola golf villas or Gentle Winds?

I agree with ccrossner. I am not a golfer and would much prefer Gentle Winds -beautiful view, nice beach, pool, swimming, and more centrally located.

St. Croix
reviews: 6
3. Re: Where to stay? Carambola golf villas or Gentle Winds?

I agree with Gentle Winds as well. Beautiful property, great beach and pool, and a very convenient location to Christiansted and Cane Bay. stcroixtourism.com/aerial-photos/st-croix-sk…

Gardnerville, Nevada
reviews: 15
4. Re: Where to stay? Carambola golf villas or Gentle Winds?

Gentle Winds has three or four pitch and putt holes that are available at no extra charge. Not fancy, but free.

Reply to: Where to stay? Carambola golf villas or Gentle Winds?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted