We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 1
Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

Anyone stayed here? Too much coral on the beach? Too remote?

Thoughts?

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
1. Re: Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

It is remote but a beautiful location. If you wish to eat out and see the island, you will need a car. There are several beach bars close by but not within walking distance unless you love to hike and definitely not at night.. There is coral in the water but if you go to the far end of the beach, there is a section without coral and has easy access to the water. If you tell us what you are looking for, people can probably give you better advice.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 30
2. Re: Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

I love the beach at this property. I have never stayed there but we go have lunch on the beach there. The food and service was great. They have a great pool area. You would be able to explore the annally tidal pools from there. We get a car no matter where we stay in order to be mobile. there are too many awesome places to visit. We always use Centerline and have loved their service.

Edited: 11:49 am, July 13, 2013
St. Croix
reviews: 6
3. Re: Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

It is a beautiful property, beach and setting. At the far end of the beach it has a sandy bottom. Rent a car and you'll be 5 minutes from 7 restaurants and Cane Bay Beach which has great swimming, snorkeling and 3 beach bars. http://www.stcroixtourism.com/beaches.htm.

Christiansted is a 25 minute drive. Frederiksted and the west end beaches and beach bars are about 20 minutes. Not bad at all when everything you see along the way is new and exciting!

Greenville, South...
reviews: 126
4. Re: Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

We've stayed here several times and can't wait to return again this fall. As other posters indicated, rent a car. We use Judi's of STX. They meet you at the airport and take you a short drive away to pick up the car. The beach is beautiful but only swim in at the far end of the beach. Cane Bay is a short drive away. We love Eat @Cane Bay and Rowdy Joe's. Cane Bay is also a very good snorkeling beach. The hike from the Carambola to Annaly Bay Tide Pools is a bit strenuous. Be sure to wear hiking shoes and be careful. You can get directions from the front desk. We have found the staff to be very friendly, and, they remember us.

Be sure to attend the Friday Night Pirate's Buffet -- great entertainment with Mocko Jumbies.

reviews: 1
5. Re: Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

Beautiful, lush, and very comfortable accomodations. Love this place!

Central PA
reviews: 117
6. Re: Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

Just stayed there. They are meticulous with grounds care. Hammocks free to use in the palms by the beach, nice lounge chairs, some in cabanas, no fees. Sea was rough, water cloudy with sand. I'm a little depth phobic, and just knowing of the 3000 foot drop off 1000 feet out made me nervous. I wore a large, coast guard rescue swimmer life vest with large seat belt type straps & harnesses. So much for a carry on bag only! Waves were 2-3 feet, I swam out about 75 yards, swam parallel to the shore, and only saw some coral &. 6 small fish. Missed seeing the Dutch anchor.

Pool here is excellent, btw, and nice dive shop.

Best advice, bring your own breakfast/lunch picnic, and avoid expensive Friday night buffet.

7. Re: Renaissance St. Croix Carambola Beach Resort and Spa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 23, 2014