We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Croix Hook

Gaithersburg...
reviews: 210
St Croix Hook

On island and interested in getting a hook bracelet in all gold. Looking for fair pricing. Any advice on a place to check? Thanx

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
1. Re: St Croix Hook

There are some very good places to check on St. Croix and I think that they are all fair in their pricing. I would start with Sonya's and then Crucian Gold and iBDesign (and these are just to name a few). Gold is going to be a shock unless you are familiar with gold prices today. I have purchased a hook everytime we have been to St. Croix and I did get the Hibiscus flower one and the original hook at Sonya's and am very satisfied. The hibiscus flower is in gold and the rest of the bracelet is in sterling. There are some other very nice shops in Christiansted (where all of the ones I mentioned are) that have very nice bracelets also. The differences in prices aren't quality but the width and the thickness so keep this in mind when shopping. A bracelet for $99.99 might be very thin whereas the same design that is thicker and wider might be $150 or more .. make sure you are comparing apples to apples .... and remember it is a given that every time you return to St. Croix you add another bracelet :) Happy Shopping

Groves, Texas
reviews: 1
2. Re: St Croix Hook

I have a gold hook from Sonya's on the corner of Company and Church Streets in Christiansted. She originated the hook in the early 1970's and others have copied it or made their own bracelet designs. I also have a cute little hook pinkie ring from her. :)

Paula

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
3. Re: St Croix Hook

If you want the original hook bracelet, you should shop at Sonya's. For anything else I recommend ib design for beautiful bracelets and price.

Gaithersburg...
4. Re: St Croix Hook

Thanks everyone! I'm on the hunt!

Groves, Texas
5. Re: St Croix Hook

I'm jealous ;) Have fun!

Paula

Gaithersburg...
6. Re: St Croix Hook

We leave tomorrow. Nine days went too fast. STX made it into our top 5 islands! Along with our other faves Anguilla, Great Exuma, Turks & Caicos, St. Martin.

407 area code
7. Re: St Croix Hook

Sonya's for sure.

But be prepared, gold is priced according to the current market per ounce.

A $80 silver one will be several hundred dollars in gold.

Have fun!

Edited: 9:40 pm, July 06, 2013
Gaithersburg...
8. Re: St Croix Hook

Ended up getting a gold and silver one at a great price. On my next trip hope the price of gold has dropped by then. In the meantime I'll be checking that well-known auction site for an all-gold one.

9. Re: St Croix Hook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix