We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am looking to book Ocean's Edge at Gentle Winds....

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
I am looking to book Ocean's Edge at Gentle Winds....

has anyone been there since the remodel in Dec? I've seen forum responses about how FlipKey's reviews can be biased (due to the posting process), so I just want to be sure. Alternately, I was also looking at booking through VRBO (which I've never heard of, but then again, this is my first real overseas vacation not staying at someone's residence). Any info would be infinitely helpful!

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
1. Re: I am looking to book Ocean's Edge at Gentle Winds....

I don't know Ocean's Edge but am sure you will love Gentle Winds. It's a beautiful complex with a nice beach and pool.

407 area code
reviews: 1
2. Re: I am looking to book Ocean's Edge at Gentle Winds....

Have you seen any remodel pictures posted? That might help. You may be able to see older pictures (the "before").

Otherwise I guess you'll have to see if anyone on the forum has stayed there since Dec.

Gentle Winds is a nice spot to say but it does seem the units can be hit or miss.

St. Croix
reviews: 6
3. Re: I am looking to book Ocean's Edge at Gentle Winds....

Like any other condo complex, the units are all individually owned, so they can vary greatly as to the amenities offered and the level of maintenance done on a regular basis. Be sure to ask the owners for updated photos and only rent from owners that have lots of guest reviews on their website.

VRBO.com is just an advertising website...they have no other connection to the owners of the properties. It is a great place to find rentals.

Gentle Winds is a beautiful complex with a great beach and pool. It is also centrally located so nothing is too far away.

Edited: 7:01 pm, July 15, 2013
4. Re: I am looking to book Ocean's Edge at Gentle Winds....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, July 17, 2014