We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you love St. croix....

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arkansas
If you love St. croix....

Where else do you like to vacation and why? I love Stx but we want to try someplace else on our next trip, would love recommendations from other Stx lovers.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 71
1. Re: If you love St. croix....

There are certainly other places that I love but not necessarily in the Caribbean. If you are looking for another Caribbean recommendation, I would take a look at Anguilla (gorgeous beaches), Virgin Gorda (much smaller than STX but with similar beaches/mountains).

As for other vacation spots...

Cape Cod

Italy

Scotland

Greece

Lancaster, PA
reviews: 30
2. Re: If you love St. croix....

i thought Vieques was cool. Easy to get to. Its really dead there though. all depends on what you like.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
3. Re: If you love St. croix....

My favorite island to visit is St. Barth's. It doesn't have to be outrageously expensive. There are reasonably priced places to stay although my favorite is Emeraude Plage. There is a fabulous restaurant called Andy's Hideaway that has fabulous inexpensive food. I also like St. John, Tortola, Anguilla, and Anegada. I would love to go to Culebra; hear it's really nice.

Edited: 10:54 am, May 09, 2013
Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
reviews: 3
4. Re: If you love St. croix....

I was married at the Buccaneer in St. Croix, so, yes, it holds a special place in my heart. Other islands:

St. Lucia - Lush, mountainous, delish Creole Cuisine, loads to do, day trips can be made to Martinique and the Grenadines. Pristine seas, snorkeling, diving, surfing on the Atlantic coast at Louvet, hiking, drive-in volcano.

Anguilla - You go to this island to "chillax!". Dazzling white sand beaches, pristine waters, gracious locals, world class dining. Can't go wrong here ever! You can also do side trips to St. Martin and St. Barth's.

Provo in Turks & Caicos - Grace Bay is beautiful though overdeveloped for my taste. Still there's great dining (wonderful conch), great snorkeling (I highly recommend Silver Deep's Conch Diving excursion.) and some night life. It's not mountainous like STX, so easier to get around.

St. John - It has great beaches and you can make side trips to beautiful little islands in the British Virgin Islands. Jost Van Dyke and Virgin Gorda with the sensational Baths.

CCrosner is right, Greece and the Greek Isles are very special and I absolutely adore Martha's Vineyard off the coast of Massachusetts.

Enjoy your research! ;~>

Arkansas
5. Re: If you love St. croix....

Thanks for all the great suggestions! One of my favorite things about Stx is the calmness of the water on the west end, has anyone experiences similar conditions at any of these places?

Arkansas
6. Re: If you love St. croix....

Thanks for all the great suggestions! One of my favorite things about Stx is the calmness of the water on the west end, has anyone experiences similar conditions at any of these places?

Has anyone been to the Bahamas? I have looked at the outer islands but can't find many people with first hand knowledge.

New Britain...
reviews: 17
7. Re: If you love St. croix....

We also like Barbados. The south has the older hotels and good swimming beaches along with the most restaurants and night clubs. The west coast has more stones on the beach but the water is calm. West coast restaurants are good too. It is less expensive than the BVI's but still has the Brit flavore. On the east coast you're right out in the Atlantic with big surf but some pretty beaches if you know where to find them. The north and east are the least developed and more rural

Maine
reviews: 46
8. Re: If you love St. croix....

Antigua has some beautiful beaches. We love Grenada but it's a little harder to get to for us.

9. Re: If you love St. croix....

If a restful quiet vacation is what your looking for I would recommend Harbor Island, Bahamas. Just off the coast of Eleuthea also in the Bahamas. Harbor Island is only 3 miles long with the most beautidul beach, great food, no cars only golf carts. Google pink beach and you will find it. We stayed at the Coral Sands Resort in June 2009 and loved it, had the beach all to ourselves. I would recommend spending one or two nights on Paradise Island then taking the high speed ferry to Harbor Island. Enjoy the hustle and bustle of Paradise Island then wind down on Harbor Island. Fabulous!

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 71
10. Re: If you love St. croix....

Would have to agree with SanBil that Harbour Island ("Briland") is a great spot and quite unique. We visited there five or six years ago and also stayed at Coral Sands. There are great restaurants on the island and it's fun for exploring but it is MUCH smaller than STX and a bit more refined. The beach is GORGEOUS....when we were there they were photographing the Lands End swimsuit catalog and told us that they use that location most years.

Love this thread. Great ideas!