We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good running locations

New Hampshire
reviews: 3
Good running locations

We are traveling to st croix for a week on Saturday and very excited. It's our fourth visit. My daughter is a high school track athlete who needs to keep up with her training while on vacation. Does anyone know of a safe area where she can get in an 80 minute run? It would have to be close to 10 miles. We are renting a villa in Judith's Fancy.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
1. Re: Good running locations

I would not run on the main roads - there is very little shoulder space in most locations. I think she could run within Judith's Fancy (which is very residential) or on The Buccaneer property. She would have to plot her course and repeat it many times to get to 10 miles.

Maybe a resident will chime in with some other ideas.

Estero, Florida
reviews: 5
2. Re: Good running locations

If you are following her, Scenic Road to the west of the beast may be an option to consider. Not a lot of traffic up there and some great views. Not sure what shape Scenic is in east of the beast. I

You may want to check with Carambola golf to see if they mind her looping the golf course for another option. You could partake of the view and the bar and the flat screen at the clubhouse and watch her do laps from there.

New Hampshire
3. Re: Good running locations

I like your thinking! Not familiar with the beast. What is that area?

New Hampshire
4. Re: Good running locations

Definitely looking at the Bucanneer for one of the days

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
5. Re: Good running locations

The south shore road is a pretty safe area. The Beast is near Carambola.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 89
6. Re: Good running locations

The Buccaneer loop is about two miles. But she could add to that by running through the Shoys neighborhood next door. It's hilly but a nice place to run/walk and quite safe.

Medford, New Jersey
7. Re: Good running locations

Does any one know of good running routes on the East End by Coakley Bay Condos?

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
8. Re: Good running locations

The Buccaneer and Shoys are the most protected from cars. From Coakley you can run east to Point Udall but it's not quite as safe.

Medford, New Jersey
9. Re: Good running locations

Thanks for the info.

Is early morning a very busy time?

St. Croix
10. Re: Good running locations

Yes, early morning on weekdays is a busy time on the east end roads, as workers start at 7. Sundays are much better.

There is a group of runners that goes from Cane Garden quite a few mornings, along the South Shore, and I'll bet some of them, at least, run 10 miles pretty regularly. Look up Stamina Sports and ask them.

Judith's Fancy is awesome for running, and if you find a way through the maze, there's a great mix of hills and flats, with the ocean breeze never far away. Look on Google Earth to see which roads dead end. Mix up the loops, and I'll bet 5 miles wouldn't be hard to achieve.