We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Which St. Croix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
407 area code
reviews: 1
"Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Sorry if this has been posted, but FYI.

stcroixsource.com/content/news/local-news/20…

St. Croix has a great food culture that tourists may often be missing, believes Andrew Zimmern, the well-known host of The Travel Channel's adventurous eating show. The popular host with the readily recognizable friendly smile, smooth-shaved head and jolly round features spent the last week exploring the ins and outs of the big island's food culture, from land crabs to bull foot soup, for his show Bizarre Foods America with Andrew Zimmern...

37 replies to this topic
Groves, Texas
1. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

I've heard this particular show will air on Feb 11. It sounds like he 'gets' St Croix :)

Paula

407 area code
2. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Great, thanks for the day of the show!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 28
3. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Very cool article. Can't wait to watch the show.

Elkhart Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
4. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Thanks Paula!

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
reviews: 71
5. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Very interesting.

Also interesting that it is going to air on the same day as the episode of The Bachelor that features St. Croix!

Boston
reviews: 17
6. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Does anyone know if that food truck is the same one that is C'sted at night by the fort?

Groves, Texas
7. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

I don't see where the Bizarre Foods program where Andrew Zimmern filmed on St Croix is on the Travel Channels schedule for the 11th now.... Does anyone know when it will be shown? Sorry everyone!

Paula

Frederiksted, null...
reviews: 2
8. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Was told by his crew that the episode will air this summer? Cannot verify though.

407 area code
9. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

My guess it would not air so quickly after filming. Look at The Bachelor. That was filmed in November and is airing now (11-Feb-2013).

The summer sounds more reasonable to me than today (within a couple of weeks of filming).

Groves, Texas
10. Re: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX

Thank you Katherine-- I have no idea where I saw that it was airing on Feb 11, but like 407guy I also thought that was soon! I'll just set up my DVR to catch all his new shows and delete until I get that one. Although, maybe I should watch a few...... on my new diet, watching him scoff down a grub worm or two might help with my appetite control issues ;)

Paula

Reply to: "Bizarre Foods" article about STX
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted