We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental snorkel equipment

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 1
Rental snorkel equipment

I'll be in STX in two weeks (yeah!) and was wondering if anyone could give me an idea of how much snorkel equipment would be to rent either by the day or week. I'm trying to decide if I should just bring my own, or not worry about the hassle and rent there instead.

Thanks!

St. Croix
1. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

I saw a sign at the Spratnet beach bar on Cane Bay that he has rentals for $10/day which is probably typical. Don't know about the weekly rate. We always bring our own when traveling so we know that it will fit properly ...

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 2
2. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

St Croix Local - that sounds close to what I was quoted - $15 a day for the whole rig and $5 a day for just fins.

- Margy

Raleigh, NC
reviews: 1
3. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

Thank you both for your responses!! I appreciate the feedback.

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
4. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

I always take my own stuff. I have big feet and it makes a difference to have your fins fitted properly. Also,depending on where you are staying, the place might supply free gear. We stay at The Buccaneer and when other families go with us ,they just p/u some gear at the beginning of the trip and keep it with them for the rest of the trip. The gear is good quality stuff and for the kids it's fine.

Clifton, VA
reviews: 26
5. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

I agree with the others...I suggest bringing your own gear. You can buy a fairly inexpensive snorkel set at most sporting goods stores, so for the price of 3 days rental (@ $15/day), you can afford to by your own.

A word of caution, though, don't go for the super-cheapo, bottom-of-the-line K-Mart snorkel sets. A friend of mine went that route when we were in STX this past April, and the mask leanked, the fins caused blisters, and the snorkel mouthpiece was unconfortable. (Luckily there was some decent snorkel gear in the garage of the house where we were staying, so it all worked out OK.)

Clarks Summit,Pa
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
6. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

I always take my own stuff. I have big feet and it makes a difference to have your fins fitted properly. Also,depending on where you are staying, the place might supply free gear. We stay at The Buccaneer and when other families go with us ,they just p/u some gear at the beginning of the trip and keep it with them for the rest of the trip. The gear is good quality stuff and for the kids it's fine.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
reviews: 77
7. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

Bring you own stuff. It's $10 a day.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 11
8. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

We also usually bring our snorkels from home.

9. Re: Rental snorkel equipment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 30, 2009