We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms with a kitchen?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Waltham...
reviews: 12
Rooms with a kitchen?

We travel every July to Aruba but we are looking for a change. Can anyone recommend a resort or timeshare property (we are looking for a suite with a kitchen) for a family of 7, 5 adults and 2 kids (kids will be 6 and 2). A two bedroom would be great, but if 2 units are necessary, that is fine too. Any info is appreciated.

25 replies to this topic
Foxboro...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

What's your budget? Most of the resorts along Grace Bay have full kitchens and can run from a studio to a 3 bedroom. Once you provide budget people can suggest resorts.

Another option is to contact Turks and Caicos Reservations. They are an on island company who would find perfect fit for you and your family. This service is free and a lot of the folks here on the forum use Val and his team for accommodations.

http://turksandcaicosreservations.com/

Edited: 9:57 am, July 29, 2014
Waltham...
2. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

Thanks so much! We are just beginning to research so this is an excellent start. Our budget is about 6,000 ish for all 7 people, including airfare. I'm hoping July is off season here? Do they see much rain in July? Not sure what is most cost efficient- 2 rooms or 1. As I said, any info is appreciated. My kids love a good pool, obv the beach is fantastic, we like a kitchen so we can save a little on meals, nice beach bar would be great... Other than that we are flexible.

maryland
reviews: 3
3. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

Really your best suggestion is what Keater said call turksandcaicosreservations,com. Talk to them and see what your option are and then we can give you input.

Before you do that I would look at airfares and see how big a chunk of money it will take. Then see what is left over.

Never have experienced rain in July, but it can happen.

Foxboro...
4. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

July is considered off season, however your budget of 6K may not make it. As a fellow traveler out of Logan, you will see airfares between 500-700 per person. If we go with the lower figure, airfare alone will run you 3500 which would leave 2500 for accommodations, which is very low for a family of 7.

Waltham...
5. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

Thanks! We normally pay $600 for Boston to Aruba, Jet Blue (direct) so we're hoping Turks is less than this! What do people pay, on average for Boston to PLS, in July? Hoping for Jet Blue...

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
6. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

I hate being negative, but not going to happen. Air will put you out around $4500 leaving $1500 for 3-4 bedrooms. Then there's 24% tax on rooms.

The only places that rent around $1500 will require car rental, adding another $600

What kills you is air, it averages $600 per person at it's lowest. I assume air to Aruba usually is less?

Even if you left $2500 your pickings will be slim. But if you have $2500 you can get a villa or 2 Townhouses for around $2600 plus tax (12-24% depending on units at condos)

Overall so you know, food is expensive once there. You can bring in a checked cooler (might need a taxi with your rental car to take everything, taxi is $16 per person to most places). There are no fast food places like Aruba has.

Check air first, then come back with leftover to see if we can help!

Foxboro...
7. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

I can't speak for Jet Blue as we've never flown them to Provo. I can say that I find USAir fares cheaper than Jet Blue on all of our trips. Might also be tough to get a direct flight from Logan in July, Jet Blue, usually stops in NY, USAir in either Philly or Charlotte, American in Miami and Delta in Atlanta. I'll let others chime in on Jet Blue and their fares.

Will you also be renting a car, or traveling the island via taxi? Either of these options can also subtract from your budget.

Provo is not a cheap island and to make this all work you may need to increase your budget, but your best bet is to contact the company I referred you to in my first response.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
8. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

PS only 1 building of 1 resort is a timeshare, and has a 3-5 year waiting list (because no one wants to give it up, the beach is that great!)

PSS no place will let you fit 7 persons in 2 bedrooms. Maybe 3 bedroom and sleeper couch

PSSS I just looked at air for august, similar to July prices, $540-$617 range. Leaves $2200 on lowest end not including taxes. Can you up the budget at all? Grace Bay is totally worth it!

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
9. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

Kick your budget up to $1100/person for better results. Most places on Provo have kitchens so you need not worry about the heat in them to contend with. Are you planning the regular one week or do you have specific number of days? Plan on renting a van for your group, taxis will really chew up your budget if you don't. DR. JIM

Foxboro...
10. Re: Rooms with a kitchen?

erads, I just sent you a PM with additional information.

Reply to: Rooms with a kitchen?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted