We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August at Provo

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montgomery, Texas
August at Provo

I have heard many things are shut down different times of year, so when you are there can really impact your experience. How is August?

Also, as an additional question, I would like to run around on my own boat without a captain. I'm relatively experienced and it seems like the navigating would not be that tough with the water being so clear. Any input?

Thanks in advance !

4 replies to this topic
Cockeysville...
1. Re: August at Provo

coral heads just below the surface of the water are difficult to see in bright sunshine and tend to be really tuff on a fiberglass hull. Just Talkin'.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
2. Re: August at Provo

Waters are extremely shallow (10feet?) so first time you really need a captain. Other than that, it's actually an expensive venture with or without one.

(think $1500 for half day plus gas)

Some restaurants shut down, but there are many restaurants still open, so food shouldn't impact you at all.

I love august, hot but water oh so shiny!

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
3. Re: August at Provo

This is my 7th consecutive August coming to Provo and most places usually don't slow down or close a spell until September to mid October for a few weeks Island vacation. As far as bombing around the Island with a boat, there are a few options. Excursions of 1/2 or full days, private boat charter/rental with or without an experienced water navigator. I have checked it out and you can get a boat with a captain for less then renting a boat without because of the liability exposure/risk involved. Also you would have a limited operating range to not stray too far from Provo without a water navigator. We opt for the private charter boat with a captain because he/she knows the local waters, tides, currents, shallows, reefs, etc. with a greater range to go. You might want to read my report "Lady Doctor Operates a Boat" on the Green search box above from last December. DR. JIM

Montgomery, Texas
4. Re: August at Provo

Thanks for the input !

Reply to: August at Provo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted