We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in 5 days

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Arriving in 5 days

My wife and I will be spending 4 nights at the Sands at Grace Bay. We will be using taxis to get around. We plan on going parasailing with Sky Pilot, and snorkeling at Coral Gardens. We considered going on a snorkeling tour but my wife doesn't want to commit to 4 hours traveling around on a tour boat. We also thought about renting jet skis for an hour. One concern I have about jet skiing was I've read that some rental companies have old jet skis, and/or they are located on the side of the island with rough waters. This will be my wife's first time on a jet ski. Does anyone have a jet ski rental recommendation?

So far we have planned on eating at the Hemingway's restaurant located next to our Hotel, and maybe pizza for lunch delivered from Mother's Pizza. Any additional restaurant recommendations would be appreciated. FYI, I like fried food. Thanks in advance.

8 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 24
1. Re: Arriving in 5 days

Taxis will be more expensive than renting a car. I'd suggest snorkeling Smith's Reef too, it's better if you're not afraid of the water. I haven't rented jet skis yet, plan to on probably the next trip, and will probably use Caribbean Cruisin, the guys who also operate the ferry boats.

Fried food means cracked conch! On Provo I'd suggest Bugaloos. If you make it over to Middle Caicos, I'd suggest Daniel's -my favorite. There are a bunch of great places to eat. I like Magnolia's, Bay Bistro, Mango Reef, and at Hemingway's I'd suggest sharing a dessert with your wife (ha, or get your own!) key lime pie with a drink called a Beautiful, cognac and grand marnier in a sinfter.

2. Re: Arriving in 5 days

I seem to have double posted this. Thanks for the tips. It is very much appreciated!

Frankln Park PA
reviews: 1
3. Re: Arriving in 5 days

http://www.tcimall.tc/sunandfun/

We used this company last month. The kids had a blast! You do have to taxi over to the Caicos marina on the other side of the island.

Austin, Arkansas
reviews: 25
4. Re: Arriving in 5 days

Me and my family will be down there during the same time...and after looking at taxi fares...I agree...rent a car. We rented a car for the entire week we are there. More cost effective, and you can go whenever/wherever you like! Have a great time!

New York City, New...
reviews: 1
5. Re: Arriving in 5 days

We've never rent a car, but agree that taxi prices are ridiculous. If you're comfortable driving on the left and don't plan to drink, then renting a car makes economic sense.

Best restaurants for me this trip were Seven, Seaside Cafe and Magnolia. I like Hemmingway's for lunch (so convenient if staying at the Sands), but also had some excellent mahi mahi for dinner there recently.

Enjoy you trip!

Edited: 5:56 pm, July 21, 2014
6. Re: Arriving in 5 days

These are some great suggestions. I try to do as little driving as possible while on vacation, so getting gouged by the taxi drivers are already figured into the vacation plans wherever I go. Thanks for all the responses so far. These restaurants have some really good reviews.

7. Re: Arriving in 5 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:07 am, August 14, 2014

8. Re: Arriving in 5 days

Thanks we will give them a try.

Reply to: Arriving in 5 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted