We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sands at Grace Bay

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
Sands at Grace Bay

i have a few questions i'm hoping someone can answer. we have never been to turks and Caicos.

we have always travelled all inclusive. we are looking at a one bedroom and would cook a few meals but would dine out most evenings. what would you say an average meal would be. can you compare like the keg in canada price wise? also does anyone know what thae weather would be like at the end of Jan. i am a smoker nasty habit i know but can you smoke on the balconeys.

14 posts
1. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

We are booked at the Sands in a one bedroom. Plan to eat out except for breakfast and a few lunches. I also have the same bad habit and I think I asked and was told smoking on balcony is ok but not in room.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
93 posts
2. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

Regarding meal prices, expect to roughly pay in US what you would pay in CDN. So, of you spend $30 CDN on a steak at the Keg, it will cost you $30 US.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,447 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

I believe most/ all resorts have the same rules as here in Canada. Smoking permitted on balconies but not in the rooms, which is understandable and I agree with.

While restaurants permit smoking on outside patios ( unlike Canada) we never do out of respect for other customers.

In regards to dining out, depending on where you live in Canada, you really won't find the prices much higher. Quite comparable actually.

Prague
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

the problem with smoking on a balcony is that it might get into other people's room no matter what... from what I understood, the hotel bans smoking; we booked rooms there this Sept. Maybe they will tolerate it on balconies probably depends on how much non-smokers like us will complain (sorry, I live in NYC and got used to living free of somebody else's vices smoke). I might make this my public health duty and ask "have you considered quitting" if so, I'd be happy to support you (:

I hope people don't smoke on the beach, that would totally ruin the day for me. I just find it so inconsiderate - lying on a beautiful beach and someone needs to spoil it by smoking cigarettes.

maryland
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

zlutasek, well you will find people smoking on the beach and you will find many cigar and cigg butts in the sand. I would never take anyone's right to smoke outside, but I draw the line at ruining the beautiful white sandy beach. The beaches are all public and the resorts can't rule who smokes on "their" beachfront.

Edited: 1:15 pm, July 20, 2014
Prague
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

I thought the beaches are actually private... or under the control of the resort. I'd actually take the right of anyone to smoke outside happily as it is my lungs, my kid's lungs that are at risk and I get precisely zero pleasure from breathing in the nasty smoke, but I'm not running for prime minister anytime soon (:

If there are people actually smoking on the beach, that really sucks. Its just not what the other 90% of people come there for - cigarette smoke. It's such an uncivilized behaviour...

maryland
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

Nope public, the only say resorts have over "their" beachfront is to prohibit non resort guests from using their chair, towels, umbrellas etc...They can request no topless or nude sunbathing also. As it is against the law in TCI. Certainly doesn't stop some people though.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
264 posts
8. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

I gave up smoking many years ago but if I were going to let the fact that somebody was smoking on a beach, or freak about seeing a cigarette butt on the beach, I think I would just stay home.

maryland
Level Contributor
3,507 posts
4 reviews
9. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

zzzoey, you would have to stay home then, because unfortunately they are there. It's not just the tourists I have seen, many belonger friends fling there cigarette butts in the bushes and the sand.

It upsets me a lot, but wont keep me away. I think there are just as many straws sticking out of the sand, not to mention cups.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
264 posts
10. Re: Sands at Grace Bay

That was my point. I think one would have to be naïve to think they're going to visit a beach anywhere and not run across smokers or cigarette butts. I don't love it but I'm realistic so it doesn't really bother me, certainly not enough to keep me from going somewhere. I think the trash like cups, etc., on a beach bother me worse than cigarette butts......at least they're small. lol

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales