We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March 10 Monday Airport departure

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington, MA USA
reviews: 49
March 10 Monday Airport departure

Have been reading the airport horror stories, but have seen nothing about Monday departures. We have a 1:30 PM flight. Any idea what we should expect or if the March 3 changes mentioned by another poster have occurred? And can you get to Gilly's after going through security?

7 replies to this topic
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
1. Re: March 10 Monday Airport departure

Okay, if you would be departing for a Saturday mid-afternoon flight, I would grade it a "F". A Monday 1:30pm departure would be a high "B". I have the numbers from 2 Provo Airport officials(August 2013) of the approximate numbers of International passengers departing each day from their terminal. An "A" grade would be the first early morning departing flight. As for going to Gilleys' after going through security--NO. It's outside of the security containment area. DR. JIM

Ipswich, MA
reviews: 29
2. Re: March 10 Monday Airport departure

How about a Tuesday afternoon departure? April 29th. What are the march 3 changes?

Massillon, Ohio
reviews: 1
3. Re: March 10 Monday Airport departure

We just left on Monday 3/3. Our flight was at the same time as yours. We were there a little over 2 hours before departure and were through check-in and security in about a half hour.

Huntington, MA USA
reviews: 49
4. Re: March 10 Monday Airport departure

Thanks so much for responding. That certainly makes me feel better! The expansion information I was referring to was on tciweeklynews and says they opened the new terminal for check ins on Mar 3 albeit in a rough state as it is not finished.

Massillon, Ohio
reviews: 1
5. Re: March 10 Monday Airport departure

When we left you went inside to check-in then back outside to stand in the "pre-security line" then back inside to the shorter security line. Kind of an odd flow, people kept trying to go right to the security line but a man was there directing people back outside.

Detroit, Michigan
6. Re: March 10 Monday Airport departure

I was asked about an after 2pm Monday departure and informed that Happy(we all are are--aren't we?) TA traveler that would get a "C" since the 1:30pm departure puts you on one of the first afternoon flights. Any departing flight after that knocks that grade down to a "C" due to more departing passengers arriving a couple of hours before their flights. DR. JIM

Detroit, Michigan
7. Re: March 10 Monday Airport departure

Oh, smallfry0517, that Tuesday departure gets a "B". We usually do those double Tuesdays(meaning arriving&departing on Tuesdays. I would give up my secret agent career if had to do a Saturday afternoon departure "F"(unless it was a free trip). We just went 3 months ago and did a Thursday(Turkey Day--not too many people fly on Thanksgiving) arrival and a Tuesday departure. Arrival was an "A" and that Tuesday 3:30pm departure was a "B" from the Provo Airport. Again I ask a lot of questions and received these approximate numbers of daily passengers(in&out of their terminal) from 2 Provo Airport officials. DR. JIM

Reply to: March 10 Monday Airport departure
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted