We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental car or taxi ??

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colquitt, Georgia
rental car or taxi ??

We"re staying @T & C CLUB for 6 days in August. We'll do a couple of excursions , grocery store a couple of times and out to dinner at night . What is the taxi rate for 2 people, lets say to the IGA ? Also what about the GEEKO bus ?

new york
reviews: 18
11. Re: rental car or taxi ??

I would recomend any type of high clearance vehicle. We only used the 4x4 once. We loved the rodeo it was perfect. Go with Avis the were fantastic.

Oklahoma USA
12. Re: rental car or taxi ??

My wife daughter and I just got back on Wednesday, August 2nd 2006 and we weren't going to get a rental car until we paid 29 dollars for a taxi ride to our hotel (Alexandra Resort) from the airport.

We rarely saw a gecko bus on the road-so we rented a jeep from Renta a Buggy-they will pick you up at your resort and take you to their business and let you pick from the jeeps and cars. We rented a jeep (automatic) and are so glad we did. Taxi fares are very expensive and it is a long walk to different resort resaurants along the beach. I wouldn't get a car from Avis etc because the roads are ROUGH. I was afraid of driving on the left-and handled it okay just thinking left left left. Thanks to trip advisor member snorkling who posted many places to go! the post was july 16, 2006 on this forum. There are almost no signs directing you to places to see-you need a map and then as an example the only entrance to Sopadilla bay which is one of the calmest beautifulest shallow beaches we have ever seen is a dirt road that is between two houses and we drove past a couple of times before turning into this aawesome beach. Get a jeep from Rent A Buggy his name is Girod or Girard and his son is Oscar-you will be glad you did-we took everything out and left the windows down as we read posts about cars being broke into and girod confirmed and advise if it is unlocked they don't bother it. Use Caicos Dram tours for an all day snorkel

Mark Shurby and Abby Johnson

13. Re: rental car or taxi ??

rent at jeep with scooter bob in the marina/at turtle cove inn !

they are very reliable

new york
14. Re: rental car or taxi ??

3johnsons, So glad my trip report helped you. I know getting out and exploring was one of the highlights of our trip. We gained so much knowledge from this board it is nice to know we helped someone too, Thanks..

new york
15. Re: rental car or taxi ??

Forgot to mention we found avis to have the best price on high clearance vehicles and they gave us a free upgrade so we had a 4x4 the whole trip.

16. Re: rental car or taxi ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales