We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 48
Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

Heading to Provo in December. We are a couple bringing out moms (ages 70 and 79). We love to snorkel but our moms don't snorkel. I'm considering a boat trip of some sort. Anyone have thoughts on best boat trip for all of us? We took a glass bottom boat last year on another island which worked out great but they don't seem to have these on Provo. Anything longer than a few hours, we'd probably need a bathroom. So far we're considering Capt Bill's Adventure Tour ($98, 5 hr) but I'm also tempted to see iguanas. Due to the high cost, we'll probably only do one. Thoughts on best tour for our group?

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
1. Re: Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

This Semi-submarine tour is like 10 snorkelling trips in one. Highly recommend www.CaicosTours.com

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
2. Re: Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

There is a 98%+ chance your mothers will see(homonym)sea Turtles swimming gracefully on the Semi-submarine live narrated one hour tour and they usually go to 3 reef areas. Everyone has their own window to look at the underwater adventure being presented and unfolding before them in air-conditioned comfort and staying dry. DR. JIM

Texas
reviews: 43
3. Re: Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

I agree with the recommendations above for the semi-sub tour. My elderly mother loved it. We had already done plenty of snorkeling as well as snuba, and we still thoroughly enjoyed it too.

Calgary
reviews: 5
4. Re: Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

I noticed it said not recommended for those with motion sickness. How bad is it? Sometimes I get a bit sick but if its really rough I won't be able to handle it.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
5. Re: Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

This is a very stable boat ride, slow and steady. If it was so rough I doubt they would go out because visibility would be down as well. You can ask to sit closest to an exit and if you start feeling ill you can always go up on the top. What you are seeing is so fascinating it is easy to forget all about quesey or claustraphobia.

The Woodlands, Texas
reviews: 65
6. Re: Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

We went on the half day (4 hr) Caicos Dream Tours snorkeling trip and LOVED it. We had snorkeled off the beach in Grace Bay and at Coral Gardens and they didn't compare to snorkeling on the barrier reef. The boat we took didn't have a bathroom. Not sure how to solve for that. I have vertigo and very prone to get sea sick, air sick, car sick. I kept Dramamine nearby but didn't need it for this trip. It's a little bumpy going out because you are going fast but overall not bad. I can tell you this- even if you have to take Dramamine to do this tour, it's worth it! We did ours late in our 7 day stay. If we had done it earlier I would have gone again. Iguana island was cool too. Plus the water there is amazing. Better than the water outside our house on Grace Bay. It was more like the water on Chalk Sound.

7. Re: Best boat trip for snorkelers AND elderly non snorkelers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 29, 2014