We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worried about construction next door to house rented

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north
reviews: 10
Worried about construction next door to house rented

We booked a villa for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Years to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Some of you on this forum have kindly recommended great restaurants which I have now booked in advance. Thank you!

I just heard some very bad news though that threatens to ruin the holiday. Apparently - and no one involved in renting us the villa has told us anything about this - there is a great deal of construction going on right next door at present. I only heard about it from my sister reading an upset Trip advisor review - the renters were so upset they moved out of the house last month. Now I'm terribly concerned my birthday gift to my husband will be ruined by this. Is there any way we can find out the status and invasiveness of the construction project? I'm wondering about Google maps or if maybe one of you happens to be driving by and could snap a photo? I will approach the renter - our 50% balance is due in 4 days. This seems the right time to find out how bad the situation is before we fork over another $20,000. I'd kind of like to get a sense of how bad the situation is before I approach the renter so I can have a strategy in mind. Thank you for any suggestions!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
1. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

We need a bit more info to help you--like what is the name of the house and location?

north
2. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

Villa bella sur mer at grace beach in provo. Thank you for your help!

maryland
reviews: 3
3. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

Hopefully someone on island can go take a look, too bad husby off island. Did you read the review and the response. That's a tough one.

north
4. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

Yes I did see them. That's how I heard about it. I feel the owner/renter should have informed the renters in advance so they knew what they were getting into.

Natal, RN
5. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

Why not ask the obvious of the previous renter; at what stage of building was it at when they were there. ground breaking, foundation pouring, or roofing, or other? That was 4 months ago, it will be 6 months in December when you get there. It may only be landscaping or interior work being done by the time you get there.

Edited: 8:59 am, October 18, 2013
British Virgin...
reviews: 37
6. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

let me know the details - I'll have some go look Saturday :)

NEW YORK
reviews: 1
7. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

I am on Provo now and would be happy to send you some pictures. Can you tell me the location of the villa I have not heard of this before. What resort is it next too?

NEW YORK
reviews: 1
8. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

I am here on Provo now and would be happy to send you some pictures. Can you give me the location of the villa. I am not familiar with that name. What resort is it close too ?

British Virgin...
reviews: 37
9. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

I see the name on your post now and know where it is.

will have someone look Saturday if that helps?

West Coast
10. Re: Worried about construction next door to house rented

RENEE, Villa Bella Sur Mer is at the east end of Coconut Road near Turtle Cove. Turn off Lower Bight Road onto Bridge Street at Green Bean. Go to the end of Bridge and turn right onto Coconut. Last villa on the left.