We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gansevoort vs Seven stars

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
reviews: 4
Gansevoort vs Seven stars

Going November 2 for a week. Looking for a nice peaceful place with not to many kids. Can't quite decide between these two places.

Smoking Joe

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
1. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

Gansevoort has more of a Miami vibe. I heard it has a pretty good Friday & Saturday party. Seven Stars may have more little(younger) people than what you are wanting to avoid. If I was only on the Island as a couple(DR. VICKI) sans our children , I would go with Gansevoort.

2. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 pm, July 26, 2013
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
3. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

"Seven Stars is, IMO comparable to a small Beaches. You will not get quiet there"

Well thank goodness you got the "IMO" in there. Otherwise we could have a real problem ;)

Now allow me to set the record straight without an "IMO", since we stayed there quite a few times including the busiest times of the year

Seven Stars is not a very large resort. It looks much larger to the folks who never stayed there. You are always steps away from everything

You can get plenty of quiet there even at the busiest times of the year ( we were there last during Presidents week) especially now with thew new adult deck.

The beach is wide enough to be able sit anywhere you want away from the "crowds".

The pool area is fairly large and facing the ocean. Its conceivable to have it overrun with babies and still not be able to hear them because its facing the ocean. As opposed to the courtyard pools like in Tuscany. Kids arent that noticeable at the SS

The location cant be beat. You really need a car while staying at the Gans, a nice property no doubt, but I much prefer the location, the pool, and the beach area at the SS

We are coming back to "mini Beaches" this December for the 6th time just the 2 of us this time, and looking forward to be able to relax

LA/TX
reviews: 51
4. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

You may want to look at Point Grace. Point Grace is quieter and would be great for a couples' trip. My husband and I stayed at Seven Stars when there were several large groups there. I would only go back with a group. I do not think it's Beaches by any means, but we had one too many footballs fly over our heads to know that it's not exactly quiet. You'll find a lot of opinions on this board, but the truth is somewhere in-between, and everyone has had a different experience based on the time of year, whether schools were in session, etc.

Edited: 11:26 am, July 14, 2013
Cockeysville...
5. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

Seven Stars may be a small Bellagio...."JK" ziggy! But a small Beaches.......not "IMO"!

Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 22
6. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

Many nice resorts to consider that won't be wall to wall with children in November.

Point Grace

Somerset

Regent Palms

Villa Renaissance

Regent Grand

Just some others you might consider.......

Mike

7. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 pm, July 26, 2013
Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 18
8. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

I am headed to the Gansevoort end of October. Any thoughts or tips. Thanks

Edited: 12:07 am, July 15, 2013
British Virgin...
reviews: 37
9. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

Romantic break for new need tranquillity - POINT GRACE

But seeing as the OP as about two in particular, here's mine (IMO!!)

GSVT is chic, Miami style. great pool, good service, grea wide beach, busy nightlife at weekends.

the restaurant STELLE has always seemed to struggle, don't know why, just never seemed to catch on with us locals? I enjoy it when we stay at the GSVT but don't go there often.

SS, great beach, huge pool, great room and service. yes its big, but big enough for you to have your own space! great restaurant (SEVEN) and great walkable distance to EVERYTHING in Grace Bay

Given the two from the OP - Seven Stars would get my vote

IMO!!

:)

New Orleans...
10. Re: Gansevoort vs Seven stars

Husby (or anyone else who might know), in your experience, how many children are around the Seven Stars in October? My wife and I are considering a getaway there with some of the specials going on, but it did not appeal to us during the high season as the beach in front of it and pool was just loaded with little screamers two rows of chairs deep.

Thanks.