We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety on Island

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hamlet, IN
reviews: 1
Safety on Island

I can't seem to post a question about safety, they keep being removed. Can anyone give me any tips or advice? Arriving in July, staying at Villa Del Mar.

British Virgin...
reviews: 38
1. Re: Safety on Island

The reason they get removed is they go "off topic" as in - IS MY ROOM SAFE turns into GUILTY MEN WALKING THE STREETS etc etc

Use common sense - SIMPLE!

if you are coming from the US, Canada or Europe you should need to be told how to suck eggs - use the same precautions you would at home..

Walk in a strange area late at night? NO

pick up strangers in your car? NO

leave cash and valuables in you car? NO

its not rocket science!

just come and enjoy!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 6
2. Re: Safety on Island

Could not find out any information about the release of you know who. All report on the web are old ones 2007 2009 2010 2012. Maybe they are still in jail. Someone who gets local news might know.

az
3. Re: Safety on Island

What exactly is "off topic" about asking about the status of home invasions from 3 months ago? Somehow questions about poor stray dogs near a restaurants can stay up for months but asking about if people have been charged for hospitalizing other people get pulled down.

British Virgin...
reviews: 38
4. Re: Safety on Island

off topic (exactly as this post is going) is saying things like I AM WORRIED THEY HAVE BEEN RELEASED AND ARE ROAMING THE STREET etc.

if they are released, that indicates innocence, right?

Also "off topic" means bringing up stuff unrelated to the OP question - which was "any advice?"

no mention of home invasions or the like?

I am sure others will jump in now, and this post too will be removed :(

az
5. Re: Safety on Island

the OP mentioned the other posts getting pulled down - the ones that specifically, and only, mentioned the status of the apparently incorrectly arrested individuals for home invasions in April that hospitalized people.

Hamlet, IN
6. Re: Safety on Island

I of course will use common sense as I always do when traveling and at home. What I particularly was wanting to know is if robberies are on average or have they escalated and if so is assult on the persons occuring. Just concerned about my safety and that of my family while visiting.

Hamlet, IN
7. Re: Safety on Island

I, of course, will use common sense. My particular questions is are robberies occuring at an increased rate or average rate and has any more bodily assult been occuring? Just concerned about my safety for myself and family will visiting this July. This is our first trip to Provo.

az
8. Re: Safety on Island

Things have been quiet. There were some issues in March / April that suddenly stopped when four innocent people were arrested. Sometime after the arrest they were released and it seems that there is no information on when this happened or any other information on who actually did the crimes.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 6
9. Re: Safety on Island

Where did you see they were released? I can only find outdated information because he who will not be named has been arrested so many times before.

Tennessee
10. Re: Safety on Island

Get attacked - robbed and beaten - walking in a resort area on your way back to your hotel following an evening dinner out - YES