We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sandy Hook...
reviews: 12
Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

We are currently in Provo, staying at the West Bay Club. We are due to fly out on Saturday afternoon into Newark. On the chance that our flight is cancelled, I'm tempted to book a room now on Provo for Saturday night. I will see what WBC can offer but i don't want to spend $$$$ for a place to sleep for one night or, should the flight depart, lose the deposit. Suggestions for where I should look?

This is a déjà vu event: twenty years ago, on our first trip to TCI (Club Med), we arrived home to a snowstorm.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 5
1. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

Reef Residence behind Coral Gardens also

Check out the rooms at the Ports of Call ( Comfort Suites )

New York
reviews: 2
2. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

I would try La Vista Azul or The Yacht Club, both by Turtle Cove. We were stuck looking for a one night rental last August, and The Yacht Club came through for us.

Why don't you try contacting these 2 places on- line and see if they can accommodate you?

I've been in the same situation - trying to fly into Newark and getting stranded in the Caribbean. Better getting stranded in the Caribbean than in Newark!!!

Good luck!

Exeter, New...
3. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

Be glad you're there and not trying to leave to go to TCI Saturday, as I'm sure many from the Northeast are. My biggest fear is that we'll have a storm like this when we're trying to leave Boston. Good luck and enjoy the extra time :)

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
reviews: 5
4. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

I think if you asked the GM at WBC, if in fact you can not get out, can he extend the room one more night to you. If the flights are on, then you leave. Most likely no deposit exchanged, but ask today, maybe someone is coming in for your room, or you just move to a smaller room at WBC. Easier than moving to another resort for one night, imo.

New York
5. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

I think AJAX is right. I'm sure the big resorts have dealt with this kind of thing before. Even if you have to move to a smaller room at WBC, it wouldn't be too stressful. Otherwise, my other suggestions; La Vista Azul, Yacht Club

Sandy Hook...
6. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

Ajax - we will ask WBC what they can do for us before going elsewhere. Wanted to have other ideas available in the event WBC is fully booked.

I couldn't remember if Ports of Call was the Comfort Inn. Although it seems like an extra day in paradise would be great, just the uncertainty is enough to make me worry. And the thought of spending most of Saturday at the airport. *shudders*

Thanks everyone!

Foxboro...
reviews: 6
7. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

Have fun with the extra day. You may also want to check out:

bwwsresorts.com/welcome-to-blue-water-white-…

All I can say is as much as I ike Provo, the beach and Grace Bay, a nice dump of snow and blizzard conditions are close to the top of my list. Talking up possibly 30" in my area.

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
8. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

Ports of call Resort is no longer comfort suites

Sure any excuse to stay

New York
9. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

I spoke with TC Villas thanking them for resolving the noise dispute in Turtle Cove. Dan mentioned that they can help out someone who may be stranded for the storm with accommodations in one of the villas. You can reach him at 404-467-4858 (they are based in Atlanta).

Good luck!

Sandy Hook...
10. Re: Storm in Northeast, prepare to stay here?

Thank you for that info Dan! And I'm so glad you were able to get the noise issue resolved at your villa.