We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Paris, Tennessee
reviews: 1
Trip Report

Just want to start off and say thank you to those who provided with information about Turks and Caicos.

We stayed Jan 26-Feb 2 at Ocean Club West in a property owned by Keith Halstead. We booked it through VRBO and got a better deal than going directly through OCW. Studio room and it was perfect.

Weather: Had a couple cloudy days with high wind but over all it was wonderful. Temperatures stayed in low 80s. I was a little worried about ocean water being cold but it was comfortable once you got in.

Area: Cleaner than most Caribbean areas we have traveled to. Never felt unsafe. Overall people were friendly.

Taxi: We never rented a car. Always used Gloria’s Taxi Service and they were great!

Excursions: Went out with Island Vibe on half day snorkeling and island hopping trip. Spike and Mo were great and we had a wonderful time. It was awesome getting out on the water. Also booked a snuba trip with Jodi but once we got there we couldn’t go out because of water. Jodi was super great and offered to give us a ride to where we need to go.

Food: Hemingways had fish tacos and conch fritters both were good. Caicos Café-Lobster Pasta which was good and Mahi Mahi which was dry. Service was not attentive. I think this place is overrated.

Sailing Paradise: Awesome Jerk Chicken Wrap and decent Tuna sandwich. Coco Bistro: Grilled Tuna which was good and Blacken Mahi Mahi which was the best dish we had. The flavors of the dish were outstanding! Highly recommend Coco Bistro. Pattys Place: good for a cheap snack. Jimmy’s Dive Bar nothing special. Flamingos: fish fajitas and fish sandwich which were both good and awesome view. Cabana Grill: Fish Tacos which were okay, Jerk Wings had no flavor, and Conch fritters which were good.

Fresh Catch: Grouper Wrap which was yummy and Lobster Fritters which were also good. I would definitely go back to Fresh Catch. Magnolias: Wonderful view. Sesame Seed Crusted Tuna which was wonderful and Lamb which was good but probably wouldn’t order again.

Overall: We had a wonderful time and the beaches and water were spectacular but make sure you bring plenty of spending money! Everything is extremely expensive! Turks and Caicos is good for couples but I would not recommend for single people. Not much of a party scene. Very laid back which is what we were looking for in our vacation.

Saint Paul...
1. Re: Trip Report

Nice report! How much was your half day outing w/ island vibe? We are going in 3 wks and looking for tour recommendation.our rental recommends Big Blue Unlimited

Paris, Tennessee
2. Re: Trip Report

I think it was 179. Make sure to ask for Spike and Mo!

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
3. Re: Trip Report

Both DR. VICKI & I read your report. We are congruent on the real gut honesty you gave. Probably, and we mean this, the best mini-trip report we read about Provo! Especially, the food review. DR. JIM

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
4. Re: Trip Report

Do you have pictures? I need a fix!

Island Vibes 1/2 day is $89 per person.

Newport Beach...
reviews: 46
5. Re: Trip Report

Sounds like you had a great trip! Did you find the studio big enough for two people? Was it the unit that he just upgraded?

Thanks!

6. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:40 pm, February 05, 2013
Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
7. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the report. Bummer you didnt enjoy Caicos Cafe nearly as much as we normally do.

Paris, Tennessee
8. Re: Trip Report

Studio was perfect for two people. Yes it was the one he just upgraded.

Amelia Island...
reviews: 12
9. Re: Trip Report

Thanks for the report. Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 22
10. Re: Trip Report

Enjoyed your detailed trip report.

Sometimes....some restaurants do not live up to all the hype......

That's why you have to try some of the new ones....that are eager to gain a following and don't take things for granted.

Just a thought.

Mike