We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities / dinning options - west bay club

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Activities / dinning options - west bay club

Hi folks

I'm staying at the WBC with my wife - we are on our honeymoon.

Aged in our late 20s, what are some recommendations for the following:

- Do we need a hire car or should we rely on taxis?

- what activities would you recommend doing? (I'm a diver, my wife enjoys snorkelling)... Any other recommendations?

- any sights or destinations which are a must see?

- where is the closest shopping village for clothes etc?

- what are some restaurants within walking distance? Any other recommendations for dinning options which would require transport?

- should we venture off the island or is this island (Provo) the best place to be?

Looking forward hearing your responses.

Thanks

Providenciales
1. Re: Activities / dinning options - west bay club

Rent a car since it would end up costing less. Taxi's charge per head and it is usually $10 per head one way.

Your wife has snorkeling down the beach at the Bight Reef.

Shopping is in Salt Mill's Plaza, across the street from there and then Ports of Call. Not a walk really

Walking distance restaurants would be at the Gansevoort next door and Somewhere on the Beach down the beach at Coral Gardens. Everything else would be a good walk.

Provo is the place to be. You can take a day trip to North and Middle Caicos. Very quiet there.

Stamford, CT
reviews: 10
2. Re: Activities / dinning options - west bay club

Provo Ponies---they will pick you up at your hotel and bring you to the stables- then you get on your calm horse and go down to the beach and the horses go into the water...my lower legs got wet- it was amazing. Then they drive you back to your hotel - a great morning!

Also if you are brave- my daughter and I went para-sailing together up in the air at the same time - it was fantastic. Just ask the concierge at WBC to arrange these thing s for you.

Must do restaurants are Coco Bistro, Bay Bistro and Caicos Cafe. Not within walking distance but we took a cab. If you don't want to drive.

tci
3. Re: Activities / dinning options - west bay club

Firstly thank you for your reservation. If you plan to go out every day a car is better value. For your dining you have the onsite Atlantic Bar and Grill, next door Stele at Gansevoort. On the opposite side The Beach House restaurant- both excellent cuisine and service. Right next door the popular Somewhere on the Beach and Jojo Café both very nice casual dining. If you feel like grilling the beach grill is available. Those are establishments within easy beach walk. However a short drive away are a plethora of fine restaurants that cannot be omitted. Diving and snorkeling are number one activity. We are located between two magnificent spots where snorkel can be done from the beach. Diving excursion can be arranged by the concierge or by you directly. Half day boat trips that include snorkeling and island hopping are also well liked by our guests. A day trip to other cay can also be arranged. Tourist shopping located in Salt Mills area can be reached by bike provided complimentary or drive. If we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact Concierge@thewestbayclub.com

4. Re: Activities / dinning options - west bay club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 27, 2014