We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June Honeymoon in Provo

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 1
June Honeymoon in Provo

My fiance and I are looking to book our honeymoon for June in Provo and before doing so I thought I would capitalize off of the incredible knowledge of those on the boards.

We have up to two full weeks and as such are looking to stay in two different resorts/villas so that we have two different experiences. My fiancees family has an interval timeshare and we are currently on the waiting list for the Alexandria. If we are able to get it (it would be a free week), that will obviously be one of the locations. Then we would be looking for one to contrast the Alexandria and we would have about a 5k budget for the 7 remaining days.

If we cant get that, we still want to do 10-14 days and are looking for good snorkeling, the best beach resort in terms of color of the water, and maybe one of the weeks, something more unique or private. Our budget for 10-14 days would be around 6-7k in June (just accomidations)..

I can not thank you enough for any advice you all might have..

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
41. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

I agree, great choice. We stayed at VR when it was new and enjoyed it there. Lots of places close by to walk to from there too.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
42. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

The top 2 oceanfront grand suites are on the far EAST side(view) of Coral Gardens with no view of the mentioned structure. DR. VICKI & I would not have stayed here (6 times) if that was the case. The view from the huge "L" shape wrap-a-round balcony is post card perfect--just beautiful. We can well afford to stay anywhere in the Turks & Caicos or buy a property without any hesitation. Believe me, we have looked at over a dozen properties too. DR. JIM

Edited: 5:36 pm, January 24, 2013
Milltown, New Jersey
reviews: 14
43. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

We have stayed at CG's twice in June and the beach was constantly invaded by the herds from Beaches..Would never consider staying there again..The beach is too narrow for all the activity. There are so many nicer, newer resorts which are not next to an eyesore of half built deserted structure...Please continue your search..Your wife will not be relaxed at all while you are snorkeling with all the screaming children..CG's is the last resort I would go on my honeymoon.

New York City, New...
44. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

Thank you for all of the advice guys! I heard from someone else who stayed in that suite that it did not view that building at all but that snorkeling on that beach area in june may be a little crowded. this ultimately was not a deciding factor

in the end the VR was a good choice for us for the crux of our trip but we may also choose to do 5 in that suite at Coral Gardens to round out the trip instead of staying 14 (well stay 12) but in slightly higher end accommodations...

We have booked the VR, i believe it is unit 302 overlooking the amazing Grace Bay :)

now to plan the rest, but thats the fun part :)

New York City, New...
45. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

What are your thoughts on the Villa Renaissance 3rd story PH i posted?

always appreciated..

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 3
46. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

Great choice!

I think when you're finally on Provo and wonder down to Coral Gardens to snorkel, you'll be happy with the decision you've made!

Happy Honeymoon!

Milltown, New Jersey
reviews: 14
47. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

Maca, I was going to say basically the same thing.. I think a lunch at Somewhere will make them realize that they made the right choice. We love Somewhere, but the beach area is way to chaotic for us. We have stayed in the grand suites twice, and they nothing compared to the other resorts. They have seen their day.

Edited: 8:37 pm, January 24, 2013
New York City, New...
48. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

perfect, thank you so much guys.. now just need to figure out where to stay our first 6 nights :) not sure if we want to do one of the cottages/houses from t&C villas or to do a resort... blessed to options..

pennsyvania
reviews: 28
49. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

Bryan,

I think you might enjoy the Somerset or the Regent Palms. Usually stay at the Regent Palms, but only walked through the Somerset. Very quiet at both.

I think you made a good decision on the VR. and not Coral Gardens. Only because you are looking for a quiet beach. You will not find it there in June. You are better off staying somewhere else and driving to Coral Gardens to snorkel. June is suppose to be the off season isn't it????

djb

50. Re: June Honeymoon in Provo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 27, 2014