We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trouble deciding!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Trouble deciding!

Hello,

My wife and I have been to turks twice (RWI and villa renisance). We love the island but are thinking we should try somewhere else. We are thing about the ritz on grand cayman? Ritz on st Thomas? Or should we stick to what we love... Back to Turks. Traveling late march early April. Love to hear some thoughts! Thanks

Providenciales
1. Re: Trouble deciding!

Well since you are on the Turks and Caicos site of course we would say come back. Where have you been we have been waiting for you.

Edited: 6:11 am, November 17, 2012
Vidor, Texas
reviews: 35
2. Re: Trouble deciding!

It's a big world, if you want to try somewhere different, I say go for it. TCI will wait for you. Enjoy.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 21
3. Re: Trouble deciding!

Check out the Grand Cayman forum for various opinions of the Ritz Carlton there. Some love it, others don't. All depends upon what you're looking for and your budget. Many don't realize that many of the rooms are located across the main road from the main part of the hotel and the beach. They're accessible by an elevated walkway and can be quite a bit of a walk if you need to return to your room for a forgotten item. Another frequent complaint is that the beach area is a tight fit, with the lounges being almost right on top of each other.

Springfield...
reviews: 35
4. Re: Trouble deciding!

Grand Cayman and St. Thomas are both very different from the Turks and Caicos. Much more traffic and congestion, and we didn't find a beach to compare to Grace Bay beach on either. We have been to both more than once, but not since we discovered TCI.

You should ask yourself what it is you want out a vacation. Relaxtion? Shopping? Night life? And then see what other island fits the bill.

The one place we haven't tried that sounds like it might be similar to TCI is Anguilla. If I were you and wanted to try a different island, knowing you liked TCI enough to go a second time, that would be my choice.

Northof Boston
reviews: 30
5. Re: Trouble deciding!

I am a STT and Turks Lover. For different reasons.

Grace Bay beach is tough to beat. I pick Turks for a relaxing, no thought required vacation. It's simple- get up, eat breakfast, go downstairs to beach. While on beach, plan where to go to dinner. Repeat.

I love St. Thomas because it's a little busier. We enjoy going to many different beachs ( Magen's, Lindquist, Coki, Sapphire)- they all offer something a little bit different. Also, taking a couple of day trips to St. John is wonderful.

So, although both vacations are truly " VACATIONS"- I would say we are more active when we go to STT.

I do love them both. Next up is STT in Feb. Hoping for TC next.

Canandaigua, New...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Trouble deciding!

Really....it's about what you WANT from your vacation.

We've been to Grand Cayman - Grand Hyatt

St. Thomas - Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Resort

Both were nice vacations for different reasons but both islands are more developed.

What I NEED from a vacation is a lot of down time and we do not need or want too much activity.

Turks is perfect for us. Enough to do , enough not to....

Having been to well over a dozen islands and only repeating twice

Anguilla 2x

Turks 15x and counting......

Turks is what i NEED in a vacation......

Just my thoughts.

Mike

Wolcott, Connecticut
reviews: 16
7. Re: Trouble deciding!

Why are you limiting yourself to the Ritz ? We have been to GC and a day trip to STT and a week in ST John. There are many nice places to stay besides the Ritz.......We just booked a week in Grand Cayman staying at the Caribbean Club which is highly rated on Trip Advisor located on a great spot on 7 mile beach for a really great price on LuxuryLink.com. I say explore more options than the Ritz.

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 4
8. Re: Trouble deciding!

In my opinion, you answered your question by saying you LOVE Turks & Caicos twice. We get a bit nebulus sometimes too. Sure we think about going to other places, but it's the usual familiar T & C we love. DR. JIM

McLean, Virginia
reviews: 2
9. Re: Trouble deciding!

Turks 25X and counting for my wife and I.

We have traveled to many other islands, which were all nice. But, if you are beach lovers like us, why settle for second best or below when you can go back to #1.

Turks is one of safest, if not the safest, islands and safety is very important to us.

Providenciales
reviews: 25
10. Re: Trouble deciding!

Another vote for coming back to Turks & Caicos - a walk along Grace Bay beach - one of the world's very best.