We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Somehow we made it to Provo......

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cockeysville...
Somehow we made it to Provo......

Our direct flight from Baltimore to Miami was diverted to Charlston for "mechanical" reasons so we spent an hour there having the plane checked out, get a new flight plan and fill up with gas. Miami was a zoo as usual but we managed to take off only about 35 min late. The pilot did a fly by over Grace Bay and circled over the back side of the island to land with the prevailing winds. Beautiful site Grace Bay from 10,000 feet. All I could think about was a 26 story tower? Give me a break how stup........I mean how silly. Woke up to bright sunny day and took a beach walk where we ran into TCImike and his crew at boot camp. Catching up with them for drinks later. Spent all morning on a very sunny very windy grace bay. The ocean is whipped into a frenzy by hurricane Sandy and is quite rough by GB standards. But I took a swim none the less.....awesome! Lunch at Cabana Bar and now back to the beach....report back later....peace out!

Newport Beach...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
reviews: 45
1. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

So glad you made it safe and sound! Have a rum punch at Cabana Bar for me!!

Looking forward to updates....

Gloucester...
reviews: 25
2. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

Nice! Did you see any kiteboarders out?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
reviews: 4
3. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

Yeah! Sorry to miss you guys, have a blast!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
reviews: 48
4. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

You left the east coast at the right time. We are bracing for something. Not sure what exactly but mrs Ziggy is freaking out... again.

Have a blast and send my regards to tewks2, Marco and Max, in that order please. Going to move more sand bags...

Edited: 4:00 pm, October 27, 2012
New York City, New...
reviews: 15
5. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

Glad you made it. Saturday here feels like a lazy Sunday but so glad the sun is out although the winds have picked up along with rough waters. Sadly, we missed hearing NaDa because of the crazy night winds but hope to catch them before I leave!

ttewks, if you make it down to Mango Reef - please take a look around for me and say hi!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 11
6. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

Glad you made it out of here. Frankenstorm is coming! I just bought 1/2 cord firewood and am filling every container I own with water. Going to Costco to spend way too much money on food. And ammo, I need more ammo...

Colorado
reviews: 3
7. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

Glad to hear you finally made it there!

I hope the ocean calms down for all of you although it can be fun with the big waves too!

Loving the live reports from everyone down there - please keep it up. Have a great trip!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
8. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

Ttewks, get comfortable there, there's not much to come home to.

We are in Norfolk right now, and it's already wicked, and it's not suppose to be close until tuesday. At a swim meet at Odu and university is already shut down for Monday.

You'd be much happier in provo anyway!

Providenciales
reviews: 30
9. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

AND, I had the pleasure of meeting both of you in MIA. Hope to catch you on the beach! My hubby (Ringfinder) has rescheduled his Tues departure from Boston to Sunday! YAY!

Ziggy, I MISS you...Feb is wayyyyyyyy too far away! Wait til you see the new and improved Seven Stars...someone is going to be verrrrrry happppy!!! Kiss to the Missus and girls!!!

Cockeysville...
10. Re: Somehow we made it to Provo......

Dejs, yes very nice to meet you in Miami. Ziggy were your ears burning?The wind picked up this afternoon but nothing like what the east coast is about to experience......the sandblasting we took on GB this afternoon won't compare to Sandy! The sun is out the water is warm....it's all good down here in TCI.