We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sandy Hook...
reviews: 12
Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

Sorry! I mean 2013!!!!

My husband and I wish to visit T&C early next year for our annual Caribbean vacation. Our first visit to T&C was in 1993 and we stayed at Club Med; at the time it was just about the only place on the island!

Hubby scuba dives and I snorkel. We prefer condo/villa-type accomodations in a smaller resort, beachfront not required but a pool is necessary. We will rent a car. Prefer something less than $300/night including taxes and fees. So far I've looked at Harbour Club Villas and Aquamarine Villas. There are soooo many places!! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Edited: 8:44 am, August 23, 2012
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
11. Re: Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

I did forget to add Atrium to the list, quite a bit of luxury for under your price. Gorgeous pool. it actually has some lounge chairs set up at the beach. The are some listings on VRBO, and only have 11% tax, no service charge.

Another one, again luxury for the price but a bargain, is Vista Azul.

Both do require cars, but everything is only 5 minutes away from either. The price is low enough that including car might still be in budget.

Villa Del Mar is one of my favorites, but I do believe it's over your budget in peak season. Keep in mind prices don't include the 25% tax/ service charges.

All the above great choices considering it's peak season when you're going.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
12. Re: Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

I'm not sure what kinds of "free night" specials are available, but that's something else you should ask about. A 5th or 7th night free special can bring your average nightly rate down quite a bit.

Good luck. :-)

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
13. Re: Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

jigzmom, I'm always curious to hear what people decided to do. Any word?

Sandy Hook...
14. Re: Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

Sorry for the delayed response, CaribDesi! I am still looking and have realized our budget needs to rise a bit (a lot!). We've decided that this will be our 20th wedding anniversary trip even though the actual date isn't until June 2013. So we'll splurge and stay at a larger resort. Now on my list are Ocean Club West, The Sands and West Bay Club. I'll be making a decision very soon and will post when we've booked.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
15. Re: Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

All great choices. We've stayed at Ocean Club West (4X) and West Bay Club (2X). Haven't actually stayed at The Sands, but I know it's also a very nice choice. Kind of hard to make a bad decision along Grace Bay.

If calling T&C Reservations, be sure to ask about "travel rewards." It's a nice extra cost saver.

Sandy Hook...
16. Re: Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

~~~*~~~ UPDATE ~~~*~~~

We are booked at the West Bay Club for Feb. 2-9. I swear I must have looked at 100 different resorts and kept coming back to this one for a variety of reasons. Since it's a bit more $$$ than we normally spend on our Caribbean vacations, we decided to splurge a bit to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, albeit six month early.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and tips!

17. Re: Researching for Jan/Feb 2012 trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, December 16, 2013