We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

le vele vs point grace

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia Beach, VA
reviews: 13
le vele vs point grace

For those of you who have been to the area, I have a question. Cost aside, if you had the choice between Le Vele and Point Grace, which property would you choose and why? The reason I asked is that we are going next winter and after all of the research that I've done so far, these seem to be the two properties that we like. Any and all input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
1. Re: le vele vs point grace

They are right next to each other.

Both are gorgeous, but completely different from each other.

Le Vele is very modern looking, very quiet. I don't think they have amenities, I know they don't have a restaurant, but you can walk across the street to some, or to the surrounding resorts for others. If you want peace and quiet, you'll definately find it here.

If I had to choose, I would pick Point Grace. It is an excellent resort. Impecable service, beautiful grounds, nice retaurant. It is absolutely gorgeous.

Virginia Beach, VA
2. Re: le vele vs point grace

Thank you for such a quick response. I was wondering if you could be more specific about the amenities. Is there something Point Grace has that Le Vele doesn't? You're right about the restaurant. I had read about that. I'm okay with that since we're so close to other options. Thanks again for any info you can give me about this.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
3. Re: le vele vs point grace

Point Grace treats you like an upscale resort. It is intimate, yet service is impecable. Sorbet on the beach in the afternoons, pool bar with a bartender. Happy hour type receptions.

I don't know much about Le Vele, it always seems pretty empty. If you want the kind of vacation where you want to be left alone (nothing wrong with that!) then Le Vele is fine. The rooms look absolutely gorgeous there.

Virginia Beach, VA
4. Re: le vele vs point grace

Thanks Blamona. You really know a lot about the area. Are you a local? I'm assuming that you've stayed at Point Grace? Regardless, you've reassured me about both of these properties. It's just that you stated that you had never stayed at Le Vele, so I made the assumption that you had stayed at PG. You also made me feel better about the service aspect at PG. I had been reading the hotel forum for PG and quite a few people slammed them for their lack of service. The posts weren't really recent though, so I'm hoping that maybe there has been a shift for the better in the quality of service. You're very helpful and I'm sure that by reading your posts, I'll gain a lot of needed info for our trip. Thanks again.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
5. Re: le vele vs point grace

I'm not a local, but spend 2 months a year down there, with other long weekends in between. Potcake is a local, and a wealth of info.

I have not spent the night at PG, but have gone through it a couple of times. Everybody greets me, and you can just tell the service is impecable. They are always helpful. I've also seen the nightly drinks and canapes, it's an awesome place!

I had someone show me the rooms, (honeymoon gift for my sister) and I can tell you they treated me first class all the way.

I don't want to knock Le Vele, I've been through it and looks very nice. I've only seen a couple people on their beachfront, and no one ever at the pool. It seems kind of empty, so I haven't seen much service. When I go through, I haven't been greated. Actually, it was hard for me to find someone to help me. It's very upscale looking, but again doesn't have a resort or retreat feel in my opinion.

Turks and Caicos...
reviews: 5
6. Re: le vele vs point grace

Not much to add to what Blamona said.

They are both Condo Hotels, but are very different.

I love Point Grace, from the moment you walk through the gates you feel calm. It is fairly small, but the condos are quite large and beautiful.

There is a very nice smallish pool with a pool bar and grill and a very upscale restaurant that is open in the evenings called Grace's Cottage.

There is a spa where you can have a fantastic massage with a very tranquil open air feel about it.

They have an evening drinks party where you can mingle with the other guests before you go out to dinner.

Le Vele is newer, it is, as Blamona said very modern looking, I personally do not like the look of the property, but the Ocean side of the building is done very well, with lots of glass to really make full use of the fantastic view.

There is no bar or restaurant here.

I think that the choice comes down to whether you want to be in a upscale small luxury resort with full amenities or in a very upscale condo with an away from it all feel?

Virginia Beach, VA
7. Re: le vele vs point grace

Thanks to you both. I'm definitely leaning towards PG. I was curious though, I've been looking for a nice resort type "hotel" and haven't really come up with anything besides condo type accomodations. Are there any hotels at all? Given the choice between any hotel that there might be and Point Grace, would your choice still be Point Grace? I just want to make sure that I plan the best vacation possible for my husband. He was stationed on Grand Turks back in the day and this is going to be his first chance to get back to the area and I've never been there. Thank you again for all of your help.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
8. Re: le vele vs point grace

All are condo/resort type resorts except for Beaches and Parrot Cay, which is on it's own island. (and Comfort Suites and some smaller more standard hotels)

Point Grace is awesome, very upscale, yet you feel at home. It has a small boutique feel to it, it doesn't get much better than this!

As to Grand Turk, my dad had been there many times in his air force days. Grand Turk is a 20 minute flight away, but you have to fly to see it. It makes a great day trip. Skyking airlines offers day trips to Grand Turk. For $169 pp, you get the flight, lunch at Osprey Hotel, a taxi tour of the whole island, and tickets to the museum. You also have plenty of time to walk around downtown, or have a drink at Sand Dollar Bar, very cool little place. Grand Turk is very laid back! Plane for day trip leaves at 10:30, returns at 6.

Virginia Beach, VA
9. Re: le vele vs point grace

I envy both of you, I love island living. I had bought a copy of the "2006 Resorts & Great Hotels" Guide. They list The Palms, Grace Bay Club and a new place "The Somerset" as their choices for places to stay. So far though, I really am leaning towards Point Grace, although I will be anxious to see what you think of Somerset when it opens. The guide states that it should be open to the public in March. You had also responded to me on a separate thread on here about the flights to Grand Turks (you know...the ones with the laywers and judges?). That information is really (and I can't emphasize that enough) useful. Our travel agent wasn't really familiar with transporation to and from Grand Turks and that is THE main thing that my husband wants to do while he is there. Thanks again

Wisconsin
reviews: 1
10. Re: le vele vs point grace

The Somerset looks like it will be amazing, though I can't believe it will be ready in time. When we were there (in mid Nov) it looked a ways away from being anywhere near finished.

We stayed at Point Grace. The service was wonderful. It's very small, an intimate resort, but with all amenities. Great restaurant, excellent free breakfast (or you can order off the menu), evening snacks and cocktails (free), sorbet and/or fruit in the afternoon, icy buckets of bottled water for your pool chaise or beach lounger. Small but nice spa.

It's next door to Le Vele. We didn't stay there, but walked past it both on the beach and road sides often. It looked empty. Beautiful, but very stark and modern looking. Very sophisticated looking but rather cold for my tastes.

You probably can't go wrong either way, but the lack of restaurant would have bugged me, only for breakfast and lunch (you can walk anywhere from Le Vele for dinner)--- it was so convenient to have a very nice free breakfast every morning, coffe made, etc, and to be able to order lunch poolside if we were too lazy to go to a restaurant down the beach or make lunch in our kitchen.