We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Grace Bay Safe?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Is Grace Bay Safe?

Going to Provo in early November and staying at the Sands. This is going to be a girls getaway for some much needed R&R. Is the area safe for 2 (perhaps 3) women walking to the various restaurants? Is walking along the beach in the evening safe? How about an early morning jog along the beach?

Toronto
11. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

luvethebeach - We are just staying for the week (upto Nov 12). I can't wait to get back there - it really is an unforgettable place. How log are you planning on staying?

Connecticut
12. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

Toronto latic - will come home on the 17th (7 nights). Have been to lots of the Carribean Islands and the British Virgin Islands (which are absolutely stunning) and am finally making my way to the Turks. I'm sure I'll be asking myself why did I wait so long. Reading the reviews and these posts have made me so excited for this trip. While it seems like a long ways away, the trip will be here before we know it.

Beverly...
reviews: 2
13. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

i've done the early morning walks and the late night walks on the beach and have never felt unsafe...always be aware of your surroundings as someone wrote but i wouldn't worry at all...

sarabella, those parts of the island are definately there...we had our friend who lives on the island drive us around a few times while we were there last april and we went thru the five cays area, he even called it the ghetto, i can see if you were on your own and looking touristy it might be intimidating but i have to say we even stopped and got out of the car and chatted with some of those scary looking locals wandering around and they are truly harmless...very needy people and very friendly...anxious to share their stories of growing up there on this now famous island...but we were with shaun who was born and raised there so i guess that gave us a sense of security...he took us thru some amazing areas that gave us an insight to how the locals really live and it's and experience i am glad to have had...i think making eye contact says a lot, shows respect and determination not to be intimidated...frankly i felt the locals from those areas felt good that we didn't treat them with hesitation...it must be hard to have grown up like that and to now have tourists coming thru gawking and feeling unsafe...

anyway the point is it is a very safe island and not to worry...but always be aware

Toronto
14. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

Luvethebeach,

Totally agree with you - you will NOT be disappointed by the Grace Bay beach -. Apparently Anguilla is quite nice too and on my list to visit next.

November can't come soon enough for me. If you're at Hemingway's one evening and you see a mildly stressed out Canadian couple chasing their 4 year old rascal around- raise a glass and I'll do the same!

See you there.

Durham, North...
reviews: 1
15. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

justlaura- you're right, everyone prefers to be treated with dignity and respect. It was just unexpected to encounter a place like that and we didn't stay too long. But every belonger I met was without a doubt friendly and open to conversation, with the exception of one of the beach moniters at RWI...

Westchester, New...
reviews: 54
16. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

Toronto Latic,

You mentioned in your post that you stayed at Sibonne. We will be staying at Sibonne in March for 9 days and I'm very excited. Do you have any tips to share with us?

Thanks for any information you can provide. I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Toronto
17. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

Hi Stella,

We stayed at the Sibonne in Nov 2000. We didn't know anything about it and took a chance so admittedly our expectations were low.

We absolutely loved it. It is a small boutique style hotel, very quiet and relaxed. Not too many amenities but is located on one of the best spots on the beach. Try and get an upper level room - they have little patios and nice garden and ocean views.

We had breakfast at the Bay Bistro every morning and it was well worth it. We had dinner there twice (a little pricey but again it was worth it). You will be in walking distance of Hemingways, Anacona and the ports of call shopping area which has some more casual restaurants and shops.

I can't speak for any changes that have taken place since we were there but if our experience is anything to go by you will love it.

New Jersey
reviews: 48
18. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

Stella,

We were going to stay at the Sibonne for our first trip last month but there was a problem with our travel agent and we ended up switching abt. a month before to The Sands which is next door. We loved The Sands which seems brand new but we made sure to visit Sibonne since it had been our first choice.

The Good: The property is clean and intimate (read small) and the beach is deserted, when we walked by we never saw more than 5-10 people on the beach, at other times of the day no one was there. The food at Bay Bistro is tasty, great conch chowder.

The Not So Good: I'm afraid the reviews abtout the service might be true. The waitresses seemed unhappy to be there but we liked the food so we returned, same attitude, polite but not warm. Thr prices at Bay Bistro (abt. 120 for dinner for 2 with tip could have been a little better for what you got). The pool is small, very small, which wouldn'y have bothered us because we don't spend much time there when you've got the beautiful beach. The rooms on ground level are convenient to walk right out but seemed dark because the upper room's balcony seemed to block a lot of light. I'd go for an oceanview upper level room and realize that the place is small and not shiny and new, more worn in and comfortable and when the service at the restaurant begins to bother you head down the beach 5 min. to Hemmingways at The Sands, we loved it and dinner was abt. $80 or less each time we went and the french toast in the morning is yummy.

Westchester, New...
reviews: 54
19. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

Thank you so much Kams and Toronto Latic.

I appreciate your comments very much.

We did book the Ocean view with Balcony on the 2nd floor.

I read all the reviews on Sibonne and I don't expect the Ritz.

We don't need much to make us happy. We love the beach and snorkeling. As long as the room is clean we are okay. I have found traveling the caribbean the last 30 years to go with the flow of the people. We are very polite and patient. I always greet the islanders with a good morning,afternoon, evening and thank you. It's okay if the staff isn't friendly. Like you said plenty of other places to eat if it gets to us.

Thanks again....

Toronto
20. Re: Is Grace Bay Safe?

No problem Stella. My wife and I are of the same mindset as you (you know us Canadians, mild mannered and easy going) and we found the staff at the Sibonne to be very friendly and accomodating.

All the best and have a great trip!