We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some help with answers to questions????

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westchester, New...
reviews: 54
Need some help with answers to questions????

Hello,

Im new to this forum and I hope someone can help me out.

My husband and I are planning a trip to TCI in March 2006 for my HB birthday.

Hope to stay on Grace Bay at the Sands or another property on this beach.

My questions:

Do we need to rent a car/jeep?

How do most visitors get around?

Can we walk to most restaurants?

Any grocery stores close by?

What areas are the best to snorkel at?

We have never been to TCI before so we do appreciate any suggestions . Thank you

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
reviews: 10
1. Re: Need some help with answers to questions????

1. I love renting a car, because I love picnics on sapadilla Bay, and eating in turtle Cove. and attempting Malcolm's Beach is always fun.

2. There is a Gecko shuttle that you can buy passes for, will take you to IGA grocery and to all the resorts and Turtle Cove

3. From the Sands you can walk to some restaurants, Hemmingways in the Sands being one of my favorites. Bay Bistro next door is pretty good too.

4. The main grocery store is IGA, not close. most resorts offer a shuttle to IGA for a fee, there are also taxi's.

5. Best off beach snorkeling is in Front of Coral Gardens (about 20 minute walk from Sands) or in front of Smiths reef at Turtle Cove. (you'll need transportation)

you can also take 1/2 day trips to the outer reefs check silverdeep.com or jbtours.com

Westchester, New...
2. Re: Need some help with answers to questions????

Thank you Blamona!

Just a few follow up questions:

Snorkeling at Coral Gardens is it a left or right if you are standing in front of the Sands?

If we want to rent a car, do I have to get it at the airport or do they deliver to hotels? Do we reserve ahead of time or when we get there will we have a problem?

Last question (I hope) What is the dress code? Is it very casual

(Men or Women)

Many Thanks.....

New Jersey
reviews: 48
3. Re: Need some help with answers to questions????

If you are standing facing the beach with your back to the property Coral Gardens is to your left.

You can rent a car at the airport or have it delivered. We went with Budget, called the 800 # from here at home and when arrived Wed. afternoon confirmed delivery with the local agency for Thurs. morning from our room, abt. $50 per day with ins. There is also a car rental agency about four minutes walk along the road from The Sands which seemed to have plenty of cars available if you decide to rent once you are there. We are glad we decided to rent to be able to move around as we wished and we only had the car for three days which was enough.

Dress is casual, shorts and polo shirts or Hawaiian shirts for men and sandals, capris or casual skirt/dressy shorts great for women. For certain more expensive restaurants you may feel more comfortable if you are a bit dressier, ie. pants for men, sundress for women.

Westchester, New...
4. Re: Need some help with answers to questions????

Thank you KAMS!

I might have some more questions but I really appreciate

your reply. I will go back to other posts from previous months

and see what else I can learn.

Many Thanks again........